Chapter 7

Darius felt like a dead man, walking back to the castle. His feet were dragging while his mind was haunted by visions of his dark twisted past. 

Could he really have betrayed his brother? Was he that selfish in keeping Deva for himself?

Darius kept trying to convince himself he couldn't have it in him to hurt his brother so. His feelings for Deva were strong. She didn't fall for his smooth talk and charming antics. He remembered wanting her so bad. She was a challenge, a race but not just that. Deva was the first to see through his tough, messed up shell. She comforted him and made him see through different eyes. 

He was captured my her wild spirit and willingness to fight and love whom she choose. Darius was helpless from the beginning against her charm and beauty. 

The feelings going through his head that treacherous night were dark hatred and selfish intent. Lucian had stolen one girl me loved before. Darius wasn't going to let that happen again. He wanted Deva, needed Deva like air to breathe.

There was no way he was going to let Lucian win and possibly destroy another life. Lucian did not do well with betrayal. He killed Lidia for wanting to go back to Darius. Darius wasn't going to let Deva share the same fate. 

Darius stopped at the castle door. Should he tell Lucian or Deva? Should be let anyone know for that matter? The past was done and over with. There was nothing he could do about it now. The halls were quiet and empty besides the butler, opening the door for him. Darius nodded and headed to his room. It was already pitch black outside. Everyone must be asleep. How long was he talking with Adamarius anyway? 

He found Deva nestled in the sheets of their king size bed. He wanted to join her and wrap her in his arms but the smell of blood caught his attention. His shirt was soaked in a mixture of his and Adamarius' blood. He quickly took it off and tossed it in the trash before getting into the shower. 

The warm water splashing down was not going to wash away his sins. Watching the blood flow down the drain made him wish it was all Adamarius'. Killing him would be the end of his problem. No one else knew. Darius regretted not killing him from the moment they met him. 

Drying his body, Darius made his way to the bed. Getting in, he wrapped his arms around her tiny body and pulled her close. The scent of her lavender essence filled his nostrils. Everything about her drew him in. He was hers from the moment they met. 

Softly, he trailed kisses down her neck. Deva stirred, a smile plastered on her face. He couldn't wait any longer. Darius devoured her lips. Clearly confused, yet willing Deva responded with her own passionate urges. 

"Darius," she whispered in the small second he pulled away. 

But his lips quickly covered hers before she could even question his unusual motive. Darius' rough touch came out of nowhere and surprisingly shocked and somewhat scared her. 

He wouldn't stop. Something was driving him to this hungry, starved behavior. 

Deva pushed his face back, with little success. Darius barely acknowledged her struggle.

"Darius?"  

He pulled away and shut his eyes. Something was bothering him. Deva pulled his face into her hands and forced him to look at her. 

"What's going on?" Her worry was inevitable.

He leaned in and kissed her; more gently this time. "Nothing. I want you. I just want my wife." 

Deva shook her head, knowing there was more. "What are you thinking about?" 

Darius unbuttoned her night shirt. "Taking off your clothes."