Chapter 10

AGAIN I WARN YOU THIS BOOK ISN'T EDITED SO DON'T GET MAD AT ME IF YOU FIND A TON OF MISTAKES. 

__________________________________________________

The huge mansion on top of the hill was packed with underage drinkers. Teenagers who were anybody at school were there for a good time and a way to release. Almost every corner, every table had some kind of alcohol ready for the take. 

Deva indulged in her bad habitats and drank so she couldn't feel her senses. Reality was just too hard. It shouldn't be that hard for a eighteen year old girl who was just about to graduate yet it was. 

Life was hitting her like a brick, over and over again. It hurt. Everything hurt. 

"Don't you think you should slow it down, girl? What is that, like your sixth drink?" 

Deva clinched her jaw at the annoying voice that came from none other than her back stabbing two-timing ex best friend. 

"Don't you think you should pay less attention on me and more on keeping your panties on." Deva had reason for her bluntness. 

The beautiful redhead frowned. "Deva I'm serious. I'm just looking out for you." 

"Like you were looking out for Gabe while I was gone." Deva didn't trust her, not for three years now. 

They were supposed to be best friends but best friends don't put the moves on a guy you like. Deva didn't even get a chance to start a relationship with him because by the time she got back Carmen and Gabe were hooking up. Deva figured her and Gabe's first date didn't count or matter for that fact.  

"Deva, look I'm sorry. How many times do I have to say it?" 

Deva wasn't even that mad about it anymore. She was honestly thankful, because otherwise she probably wouldn't have been with Nick. She just couldn't trust Carmen anymore which ruined her image of all redheads. 

Deva gulped down the rest of her whiskey like it was water. "Just leave me alone. Don't talk to me, don't look at me. We're done. You don't even exist to me." 

"Deva wait!" 

It was too late. Deva was already losing herself within the crowd. 

Carmen only felt sorry for her. Everyone felt sorry for her and she was sick and tired of it. She hated the pity, the sympathy, and the small crying fest. She was done with it. 

All she wanted was to forget about it, even if it was just for a moment. 

Deva entered the room she knew was the studies. She had been in the house before. The guy, Brad, who lived there was a good friend of Nick's. She opened the desk drawer and found the hard liquor. Brad's father was a business man with a great taste for fine liquor. 

It burned like hell going down her throat but she didn't care. She wanted it to numb everything especially her mind.  She heard the door to the room open so she turned. Brad was grinning while walking her way with a beer in his hand. 

"You do know you're breaking and entering." 

Deva took another sip, not caring for his thoughts. "Then maybe you should lock the door next time." 

His brown eyes devoured her, head to toe. "It was locked." 

Deva walked in front of him and slid a key into his pocket. "Then hide your key better next time."