Chapter 2

Deva's eyes fluttered open to the most heart pumping sight. Darius was still asleep with nothing covering his glorious body but the thin white sheets that draped low to his waist. Till this day she still couldn't get over the incredible lust that sparked wild within her every time she got the slightest glimpse of her husband's massively impressive Zesus-like body.

Her hand instinctively went up to push back the stray hairs on his flawless face. Her fingertips traced the soft skin on his cheek bones and she watched as his eyes slowly opened. Blue-gray eyes greeted her and she couldn't help but smile.

Darius took her wondering hand and pulled it to his lips, kissing it ever so gently. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long," she confessed.

"You should have woken me up." He wasn't always a grouchy morning person but when he was, he'd get stubborn.

"You had a long day yesterday. You needed sleep."

Darius caught her off guard and before she could even blink she felt his hot massive body on top of her. His face was now only an inch away from hers. The citrus mint breath that always intoxicated her now had her numb with desire.

"I needed you."

She laughed through her harsh breaths. "You had me...many times last night, in fact."

Darius flashed her his devilish smirk she loved so much. "Yes I did, didn't I? I'm sorry if I hurt you."

His teasing was always amusing. There was no way on this earth Darius could hurt her...her, a hybrid. And sexually at that. Sometimes she felt it the other way around. She wondered if she was ever too rough on him but then again he wouldn't complain. What guy would complain, she thought to herself.

"No baby, don't be sorry. You know I like it rough," she teased as she leaned in and nibbled at his earlobe. "I was actually worried about you. I thought I saw a tear run down your beautiful cheek when I tackled you on the floor and had my way with you."

He chuckled. "Tears of joy, sweetheart." Darius went in and captured her lips in a deep sinful kiss. "Tears of pleasurable undeniable joy."

"In that case I won't judge you." Deva dug her nails in his back, pulling him closer. Their bodies smothered together so perfectly. But right before either of them could reach any point of satisfaction Deva pulled away and rolled over to get out of bed.

Darius quickly snatched her back, frustrated at her attempt to leave without finishing what she started. "Where do you think you're going sweetheart?"

"To get dressed. It's almost noon. A kingdom can't run without a king or queen."

Darius seductively suckled her neck where he knew left her weak at the knees with need, his way of tempting her.

"It will survive for a few more moments." He lingered on her earlobe. "...Or hours."

Her lips curved. He always knew what to say to get her close to submission. "And what about your son? He's been dying to see you and you know better than I that he'll be bursting through those doors any second."

Darius growled before releasing her. "Tonight I'll have my way with you and you'll be the one shedding tears."

"I honestly can't wait," she spoke as she made her way to her largely filled closest. It was bigger than a studio apartment and she couldn't deny that filling it up with exquisite outfits was the best part of being a queen.

Deva threw on a simple black lace shirt with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. There was no special occasion this morning. No, the special occasion was tonight. Deva groaned at the memory. Tonight there would be another ball. It was a ball to welcome Prince Alexander to their kingdom and let everyone see that they accept him as a future King for the other kingdom.