Chapter 19

It had been two whole days since Darius' death. Deva was hollow inside and she was afraid Alcide was getting there too. The pain of losing someone they both loved so much was harder for them to deal with. They both felt things so much more deeply. 

Before the burial of the king Deva had requested a meeting with all the kingdoms. She wanted a treaty, in hopes to avoid a catastrophe like that to ever happen again. The kings gathered at her table and waited for Deva to start. Everyone knew how Alexander and Rathgaurd were terminated from existence. Many now feared Deva and never wanted to question her position. She was dominate and no one could deny it. 

"I've called you all here to settle a vendetta that should have been dealt with a long time ago. I ask that all of you sign a treaty to establish peace between all species." She turned to Adamarius. "The lycans should no longer have to hide or live in fear of their lives. Too many lives have been lost to this ridiculous grudge. I want my son to be raised in a world were peace reigns, not destruction. If we stay in this path there will be no one left on this earth." 

All the kings agreed. There was no opposing force this time. Alexander and Rathgaurd were gone. 

"Adamarius is their alpha and has agreed to the treaty. It's up to us now." 

The document was passed around and signed by everyone in the room. There was no need to argue. Everyone felt mutual about the matter. 

"We don't want any more bloodshed. My people only wish to live in peace, not ridicule." Adamarius expressed his deep compassion. 

"My queen," Izzy and a servant walked in. "It is time. Many have gathered and are waiting for your lead." 

It was tradition for the queen to walk her king to the grave site. It didn't happen often since vampires are supposed to have eternity but on those rare occasions traditions come to effect. 

"Where's my son?"

"He's still in his room. He refuses to come down." Not even Izzy could shed some light on him. 

Marcus and Lucian followed behind Deva as she made her way to Alcide's room. They had followed her every move, supporting her with every decision since Darius' death. She believed they were just waiting for her to crash or breakdown. They were always the ones who wanted to pick her up. 

Alcide was by his window, blocking the whole world out. He was shutting down, a grieving process he inherited from his mother. They had the tendency of turning cold and hating the world for their problems. 

"Alcide it's time to go."

Alcide crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm not going."

It was hard forcing him to go. "You have to."

"I don't want to. I don't want to see my dead daddy!" He shouted in anger. 

Pain was harder to deal with. Lucian moved closer, hoping to sooth his nephew. "He would want you to be there." 

"I don't care. He wasn't supposed to die. Daddy promised he would take me to the carnival, and fishing, and so many things. He promised!" His face was turning red. "Why did he had to die?" 

"Everyone dies eventually Alcide." Lucian tried to explain. 

It only angered him thou. Alcide began to tremble the objects in the room with his mind. A skill he had only based on his emotions because he was too young to master his ability. 

"Nooooo! It's not fair. I want my daddy!" He stomped. "Bring him back. Please bring him back."

That's exactly how Deva felt on the inside. She wanted to throw things and demand Darius to come home. But reality was too cruel. 

Deva turned to Marcus and signaled him to help Alcide with his pain. Marcus used his ability to erase and manipulate emotion to end his suffering. Alcide almost immediately calmed down. 

Deva lifted his tiny crying body into her arms. "I'm sorry my love. It won't always be like this." 

He collapsed on her shoulder and softly began to cry. Deva rubbed his back while making her way downstairs. The public expected her and she couldn't keep them waiting much longer. Darius had his own family tomb made but never did they expect to use it so soon. 

As soon as she walked out of the castle the crowd went silent. The lycans began to bow in respect and the vampires followed. Every head even the other royals and kings lowered for her. Deva took a deep breath and continued to the tomb. Every dragging step felt like it was taking her to her death. She would welcome it too. 

Just before the entrance she handed Alcide's now sleeping body to Izzy. Deva wanted a moment alone to grieve at the sight of her husband's body. Alone she ventured on into the tomb, passing through hallways of ancient carvings. 

In a dark room with dimly lit candles Darius' body laid openly on a stone table. His body was well persevered do to the hard skin all vampires possess. Deva circled around; there was so much she wanted to say. 

"Adamarius believes you and I were together because of some sick fate that had pulled us together. Like it was fate that we met. It was fate that we fell deeply and madly in love. I didn't let destiny force me down a path. I chose you Darius. I chose you to be my future, my destiny." 

She touched his flawless face and wished he'd open his eyes. "You know what, you were my second. They say if you love two people that you most likely love the second more. Because if you really loved the first you wouldn't have fallen in love again." 

She technically met Adamarius long before she even knew Darius existed. It was all by chance the things that happened happened. 

"I know we had our mistakes but we loved each other unconditionally. And I promise you will never fade from my heart." She leaned in and kissed his cold lips. "We will be together again. Goodbye my love." 

It was time to be strong. It was time to show people what she was really capable of. It was time to be Queen. 

THE END

_____________________________________________

Alright guys we have reached the end of the third book. Now I'm currently working on the forth book so be a little patient with me. I promise to make it an epic ending. Remember to like, share, and vote on my book and chapters. Thank you for the love and support. 

While you wait might I suggest you read my other book. I have my latest book "Divine Purpose" It's a completed book so there's no waiting. 

Again thank you and God bless.