i

It was dark and it was hard to breathe. The sound of things shaking, glass shattering, the earth trembling. There was people talking in the distance, but it was garbled noise. A hot pain shot through his right arm and a cool swirling on his left.

Adrien shot up in his bed, drenched in a pool of his own sweat as he gasped for air. "What...?"

"Adrien!" A black fuzz zipped to the blond, looking over him frantically for any injuries. "Are you okay? Do you hurt anywhere?" Adrien peeled his blankets off, coming to sit to the edge of his bed. He moved his extremities, rolled his shoulders, stood and stretched. Nothing.

"Was it all a dream?" Adrien was quick to reach into his nightstand, opening the top drawer and opening the green marker that lay inside.

The red string of fate – a connection made by the gods that tied you to the person you're destined to be with. At the age of fifteen, the red string grants you the ability to communicate with the end of your red string; write on your skin and the other will receive the mark as well.

As Chat Noir, Adrien found his string tied to his partner, Ladybug. After several long years, Adrien discovered Ladybug's identity on a school trip to London. Adrien had been meaning to tell her that he knows her identity, he just hadn't gotten around to it.

All he remembers is fighting some akuma in a cathedral but things took a turn for the worst... Marinette.

"Are you there? Ladybug?" The writing on his arm glowed and started to slowly fade – something he had never experienced before. Adrien looked up at Plagg.

"Was this all just a dream? Did I dream up an akuma?"

"You didn't."

"A musical, choral akuma?" Plagg nodded. "What happened?" Adrien didn't receive an answer as a knock on his door made Plagg zip under the pillows.

"Adrien, it's time to wake up. You're going to be late for school if you sleep in." Adrien let out a silent sigh.

"I'm awake Nathalie." Adrien called back.

"Breakfast will be served in the dining room." The echo of her heels clipping the floor slowly disappeared and Adrien began to get ready for school.

It was weird. Everything seemed normal and it was beginning to put Adrien on edge.

Breakfast was the same as usual, alone and bland. Nathalie describing the plans for today before leaving him alone to his thoughts until he arrived at school.

Could it really have been just a dream? Everything had been so clear, there is no way that it could have been a dream. Even Plagg knows of the akuma and Plagg has no way to get into my head unless we are transformed. Everyone was there, Chloé, Nino, Alya...

The Ladyblog.

Adrien was quick to get on his cell phone and to the internet browser, putting in the all too familiar address.

"Webpage not found?"

"Did you say something, Adrien?" Nathalie asked from the front seat.

"N-No, sorry." Adrien muttered. He continued to refresh the page, but it still read "webpage not found". He searched for it in the search engine and nothing was found either. He continued searching until he arrived at the school, meeting up with Nino at the front.

"Hey dude, good morning." Nino greeted with a wave.

"Good morning. Uh, where's Alya?" Nino looked at his wrist. Red messy writing was barely visible.

"She's on her way."

"Good morning!" Alya called, coming down the corner and planting a kiss on Nino's cheek. Alya greeted Adrien and he smiled and nodded in return, before they began to head inside. Which was something that struck Adrien as odd as they would usually wait for Marinette.