x i i i

Marichat for the soul.

"She wants to what?"

"She wants me to be her date to the October Ball."

Volpina rubbed the bridge of her nose tiredly. "No offense, but how the fuck are we supposed to do that?"

"I don't know, why do you think I'm asking you?" Chat Noir replied.

She sighed annoyingly. "Your girlfriend is causing me a lot of problems, Chat."

"I would greatly appreciate it if you could cook something up."

The two of them were doing a nighttime patrol. They were perched on Marinette's unoccupied terrace.

"Fine, I'll figure something out," she shook her head. "But I'm not doing it for her. Only because you're the one asking me." She jabbed a finger at his chest.

"Thank you." He sang, rubbing his chest lightly.

Ever since the other day that Volpina appeared with her faux Ladybug, it's been awfully quiet. They guessed that Papillon was scared into believing that Ladybug was back and wanted to lay low. He appreciated a couple nights of silence.

However, not all was silent. The pretty pink writing glowed on Adrien's arm gently.

"Chat, can you come over tonight?"

He smiled lightly. "It would be my pleasure." He was expecting some sort of response from her, but the message just sat there for a while before it wiped away.

Adrien didn't see Marinette for dinner. Usually, no matter what their schedules were, they always had dinner together and headed to their rooms after.

However, this time she didn't show and he didn't even see her after dinner. Guess the meeting with their father was quite important.

Chat Noir slipped into Marinette's room, the warm glow of the television illuminating the bedroom. Marinette was bundled up in the corner of her white loveseat, watching a movie.

Chat came closer, crawling onto the sofa with her. Her eyes shifted from the screen and over to him, her arms opening out for him. He didn't hesitate to heed her call and went into her arms, his face nestling in her tummy and she adjusts her legs around him. His arms wrap around her torso and he breathes in her scent.

"I missed you." He realizes a second too late, that his thoughts slipped out of his lips.

She giggles lightly, her hands finding his hair. "I've been here the whole time, chaton."

He exhales, closing his eyes to relish the familiarity. "What are we watching?" He mumbled, turning his attention to the television.

"The Princess Bride."

Chat snorted lightly. "Do you like the movie?"

"'Inconceivable'."

"'I don't think you know the meaning of that word'."

Marinette giggles again. "Actually, I watch it because I'm trying to see how Princess Buttercup doesn't see that the Dread Pirate Roberts isn't Wesley." She turns her attention back to the television. "It makes me wonder who you are. Should I know who you are? Is it that obvious but I'm just blind?"

Chat Noir doesn't say anything, but she starts giving him scratches and he gives quiet purrs.

"Oh my god." She whispered and scratched him behind the leather ears. Chat leaned more into her hand and she smiled over the fact that he even allowed her to do this.