x

“My name is Mademoiselle Needle and you, Miss Marinette, better run before I show you my craftmanship.”

Marinette’s hand mindlessly searched for Adrien’s and Adrien took her hand and tugged her back upstairs. Mlle. Needle’s cackles were heard from down below and balls of… wool? came flying at them. The wool barely missed them, Adrien leading Marinette down the corridors.

“A-Adrien, where, where are you taking me?” She kept looking back, hearing the creepy cackles of the akuma.

“You need to hide. She’s after you.” They turned down a hall and towards the library. Although it was a vast library, Adrien never went in there. It was mostly full of old designs and documents, rather than books.

“But what about you?” She asked. The two went into the library, Adrien navigating her through the maze that was the bookshelves.

“I’ll find a way to distract her.” Once they found a safe, hidden corner, he pulled her forward and put his hands on her shoulders. “Please, stay here. Stay hidden and don’t go out there. Please.” He leaned forwards and kissed her forehead lightly.

“Adrien–”

“Don’t. I’ll be fine, stay here.” He pulled away slowly and rubbed her shoulders gently. Before she could say anything else, Adrien turned and headed out of the maze.

Exiting the library, Adrien started to head down the corridors.

“So, what’s the plan, kid?” Plagg peeked out from Adrien’s pocket. “The akuma is in the house, without Ladybug, she could destroy the whole house!”

Adrien nodded. “I know, I need to get the akuma out before the whole estate goes down.”

A big ball of yarn started to roll down the corridor and Adrien had to zip into the nearest door before getting squished.

Surprisingly enough, it was Marinette’s.

“Time to transform, kid.”

“Yeah, Plagg –” Adrien’s phone chimed. “What?” he pulled his phone out, looking down at the notification.

Time to move Chat Noir! Akuma in the Agreste Estate!” A message from Alya’s Chatblog. Well, it seems that Marinette got in contact with Alya.

“Well lucky for us, we’re already on the scene!”

“The one time we’re lucky.” Plagg snorted.

Adrien chuckled. “Plagg, transform me.”

Bounding out of Marinette’s window and across the roof to the library, Chat Noir scaled down the wall and tapped a window that was close to where he left Marinette.

After a couple taps with his baton, Marinette opened the window. With a thud, Chat landed in front of her.

“Chat! There’s an akuma in the estate! And, and I caused it!”

Chat shushed her gently. “I know, Mari, I know.”

“But Chat, my brother, he’s–”

“He’s fine. Don’t worry about your brother.” He reassured. “I locked him in his room.” He smiled.

“Locked him in his room…” She shook her head. “Chat, what are we going to do about the akuma.”

“We have to lure the akuma out of here before it does more damage.” Chat Noir got closer to Marinette and she took a step back, eyeing him slightly.

“What are you doing?”

Chat smirked slightly. “You better hold on.” His hand went around her waist and tugged her close, making Marinette yelp slightly.