v i i

The ink glowed, almost ominously on his arm.

"My room. Once the lights go out." If Chat Noir hadn't known better, he'd be excited to receive a message like this. However. He knew the reasons behind her words – to continue their argument from earlier.

Adrien had just bid Marinette a good night and this was the message that awaited him on the other side of his door. He simply rolled his eyes and went to take a shower.

It had nearly been half an hour and Adrien was dried, dressed and ready for bed. "Are you ready?" He looked towards Plagg. He was sitting on Adrien's pillow, munching on a chunk of camembert. Usually, Adrien would say something about him eating on his pillow, but he couldn't.

Instead, he carefully picked up the kwami, holding him to his chest. "Plagg, I'm sorry. I went too far last night. The kwami was caught off guard, until he sighed.

"I'm sorry too. Things have been tough for the both of us. However, I don't necessarily forgive you for what you said..." his voice trailed off, looking up at Adrien. "I was proud of you today. You are one of the first Chats to ever do anything without a Ladybug." He put a small paw to Adrien's shirt and Adrien smiled softly.

"Are you complimenting me?" He sang, poking the top of Plagg's head gently with a finger. Plagg huffed and swatted his finger away.

"I didn't mean anything I said." He floated out of Adrien's hand with his tiny arms crossed. Adrien chuckled.

"'I was proud of you today'." Adrien tried to imitate the cat's voice. Plagg hissed at him and Adrien laughed, scooping the kwami back to his chest. "But really, thank you Plagg, thank you for believing in me. Chat Noir is not a sidekick, he's a hero, too. He's just as important as Ladybug." Plagg remained silent and Adrien continued to hold him until the kwami began to purr. Adrien pulled him away slightly, petting him gently.

"Yeah, yeah." He moved out from under Adrien's finger. "Come on, someone is waiting for you across the hall." Adrien nodded.

"Plagg, transform me."

Despite the lights being off, she was sitting on the sofa, her legs crossed and her arms against her chest. Marinette shone peacefully and beautifully in the moonlight, but Chat Noir could tell that she was like a bomb waiting to go off.

"Good evening, princess." He started as he slowly slinked into the bedroom.

"Don't 'princess' me." She snapped. She hasn't looked up at him once.

"Then don't put yourself in dangerous situations and stay away from akuma attacks." Her head snapped to him, a glare in her eyes.

"Oh, but you can?"

"I have a suit, Marinette."

"Is it indestructible?"

"I've yet to find out." She stood.

"So just because you have some fancy leather suit that may or may not be indestructible, you think that means you have the right to gallivant all around Paris?"

"Yes. There's magic in my suit, meanwhile, you're just limited to your skin."

"So if you get injured, does that mean those get healed right away?"

"Usually, but it's mostly with the aid of Lady-"

"Then stop being an idiot Chat Noir! Don't be so reckless! Ladybug doesn't exist!" She shouted at him while he blinked in disbelief. "She's not here to save you, she's not here to heal you, she's not-" Chat grabbed her wrist and pulled her in. His hand grabbed her chin and tilted her up, leaning in to silence her.