v i

To say that Chat Noir was scared was an understatement. He was scared out of his suit – nearly.

Chat scrambled behind a box to hide. "M-Mama- I-I mean, Madame Cheng." His heart clogged his throat as Plagg yelled at him for being so careless as to being caught.

"Come on out, I'm not calling the authorities on you."

"Can you trust her?" Chat tsked.

"What sort of question is that, of course I can!" He muttered. The light illuminated the room and he flinched.

"Come on out kitten." Chat shrunk against his box and stood hesitantly. He turned and his eyes met with hers and she smiled softly. "Come on out." She motioned him over and he stepped out from behind the boxes, making his way to her.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion." His ears drooped and his tail dragged. "I promise, I haven't stolen anything." She had her arms crossed against her chest and she looked up at him. She rose a hand up and Chat flinched. Sabine didn't move for a second, before continuing and putting her hand between Chat's ears.

"You're too well-mannered to steal." She rubbed his head and Chat visibly relaxed.

"Y-You... You're not mad?" Chat asked. Sabine shook her head.

"What's there to be mad about? You yourself said that you haven't stolen anything." She lowered her hand. "And I'm sure that a thief doesn't return to the same house twice a week, weekly."

"I'm sorry." He hung his head. She chuckled.

"Are you hungry?" She motioned to a plate of pastries he hadn't noticed before. As if on cue, his stomach growled. A pink tint covered his cheeks. All these late nights always made him go to bed hungry. "Have some food." Chat nodded sheepishly and took a chocolate bread from the platter.

Ever since they first went to Dupain-Cheng's bakery the first time, they never came back. He missed their food and he had to contain himself from eating everything. Chat limited himself to just a chocolate bread and a muffin. While he silently ate, Sabine wandered off to where Chat had been hiding, picking up the scrapbook on the floor.

"My old scrapbook. Why would you be interested in this old piece of junk?" Sabine spoke fondly, flipping through the first couple pages.

"They're not junk!" Chat quickly swallowed what food he had in his mouth, coming closer to Sabine. "These are important, loving memories." Chat looked over her shoulder as she flipped through. She continued flipping through the pages, stopping before the last page.

"Memories..." She repeated almost mindlessly. Her fingers found the corner of the page and she wanted to flip it to the next page, but she closed it instead, holding the book to her chest. She turned, looking Chat up and down. "You're the model boy, aren't you?" Chat stiffened.

"W-What! N-No, I'm not that model boy!" Chat stammered, laughing nervously. She rose an eyebrow and walked around him, looking him over.

"Your shoulders are broad." She stepped in front of him, looking at his face. "Although your mask hides your cheekbones and your hair is a little messy, you're nearly identical." Chat gaped for words, until he hung his head in defeat.

"H-How... How did you know?" Sabine smiled.

"Call it a 'mother's instinct'." Not only seconds after she said that, her expression turned into one of pain.

"I thought you said you didn't have any children." She looked up at him, nearly in tears.

"I don't." She crumpled to the ground and Chat grew frantic. He quickly knelt down to her and he held her close. It was as if he was holding Marinette, except Sabine was a bit more fuller.