x x i

There was warmth and comfort. The sun was shining through the wall of windows, and Adrien Agreste found himself in his bed.

He sighed softly as he stretched, and he was mid-stretch when he remembered last night's activities.

"Plagg!" Adrien brings his hand up to see his ring is back on his finger. He looks around the bed now, moving the sheets and pillows to looks for the small cat kwami. "Plagg, where are you?"

"I'm over here."

Adrien looked to the sound of his voice, and he was greeted by the harsh sunlight. He shielded his eyes from the light until he adjusted to it, the shadow by the window coming into focus.

Adrien couldn't believe what he was seeing though. "Mama?"

Emilie turned to look at her son. The kitten kwami was being pampered in her hands. "Good morning, Adrien." She replies softly and goes to stand at the foot of his bed.

Adrien is rubbing his eyes, trying to wake himself up. Plagg flew over to him and went to pinch his arm, making Adrien flinch. "Ow! Plagg!" Adrien pouted, rubbing his arm.

"You're not dreaming! That's your real live mother right there!" Plagg sang, swaying in a side to side motion.

Adrien looked past Plagg, watching how his mother, Emilie Agreste, slowly sit at the foot of his bed. "I thought... I thought you were... Dead, or missing. What... Mama..." There was so many questions that needed to be answered.

"I know, and I'm sorry. A simple apology like that won't fix anything, or make up for the lost time, but—"

Emilie was interrupted by Adrien tackling her to the floor with a too powerful hug. The two of them land on the floor with a thud, that was promptly followed by laughter as they hugged.

"My darling boy," she murmured as they held each other, pressing kisses into his hair. "I'm so sorry I left you for so long."

Adrien let all affections come his way, much like Plagg had. "I accept your apology, mama, but..." he pulls away and they both get up, sitting at the foot of his bed. "I don't forgive you."

Emilie chuckled lightly, admiring his face. "Oh yeah? You don't forgive your mama dearest?" She questioned.

"Absolutely not." Sang Adrien. "And as punishment, you have to stay in my life until death does us part."

Emilie laughed. "A little morbid, but I think that's a reasonable punishment"

"Yeah, that's my bad, sorry." Plagg called from Adrien's desk, where he was stuffing his face with Camembert.

"Something tells me he's been a bit of a bad influence." Emilie sings.

"Who? Me? I'd never be a bad influence." Plagg waved dismissively.

Adrien scoffed. "You're the worst influence! Remember that time when Marinette—" Adrien paused and gasped suddenly. "Oh my god, Marinette!" He scrambled to get up, running out of his room and across the hall. He went into the room he had grown all too familiar with and opens the door.

When he went into the room, he was stunned to see it bare, but occupied. There were boxes throughout the room, stacked over each other. Drapes were placed over old picture frames, and various mannequins were around the room, unfinished designs that were left in the dusty, stale room.

Adrien turned back to look at the door, where his mother was standing. "She's not here anymore." She stated, holding up a pen. "You've got to go find her."