x v

There was… a lot of people, to say the least. And even with their masks, Adrien and Marinette were still recognizable.

Everyone complimented Marinette on her dress and even the big labels here too. Internally, Marinette was freaking out, but she had to keep her cool façade as she conversed with others.

Adrien was with Lila and the others, partaking in fruit juice poured into champagne glasses.

“Where is he?” Alya asked, sighing softly and tucking her phone into the secret pockets of her dress.

“Who?” Adrien questioned.

Alya gave him a deadpanned look. “You know who,” she muttered, being slightly wary of Lila who wasn’t in on their plan.

“Maybe he's just fashionably late.” Chloé suggested.

Nino snorted.  “Wouldn’t surprise me.”

“Although I am suddenly intrigued by your word choice, Chlo,” Adrien smiled at her. “What was it? Fashionably late?”

Chloé rolled her eyes as she recalled the argument they had at the Dupain-Cheng bakery the other day. “Ugh, I take it back. He's going to be tacky for thinking he's ‘fashionably’ late.” She used air quotes to emphasize her sarcasm.

They continued to joke and bicker among themselves, which eventually led Lila to groan and leave, sparing Adrien a single glance. That was his cue.

They were to meet in Adrien’s bedroom, Lila arriving first, followed by Adrien approximately five to ten minutes later. Make it less suspicious about their disappearance. As Adrien arrived into his bedroom, Plagg slipped out of his inner pocket and stretched.

“You got any camembert?”

“It’s a classy party, Plagg, we aren’t going to serve stinky cheese.”

Plagg scoffed. “I’ll have you know that camembert is one of the finest cheeses that only people with refined tastes can appreciate!”

Adrien rolled his eyes. “Please,”

“I forget you humans are savages now-a-days.” Plagg groaned lightly. “Maybe it’s time for another plague.”

“I don’t think so, kitty cat.” Lila held out a wedge of camembert with one of those fancy little snack forks. “You kwamis really have strange tastes.”

Plagg went flying over, putting his love of cheese over his insecurities of Lila. “No, you humans just don’t know how to appreciate a good meal.” He huffed, before eating the wedge in one bite.

Lila snorted before she gave Trixx his own snack. As soon as they got their fill, they transformed.

Volpina was able to cast her illusions of Lila and Adrien. She was going to attempt to swing her flute through Adrien to see how stable the illusions were when Chat Noir stepped in and stopped her.

“Hey, don’t hit me!” Chat whined.

“Oh, come on, it’s just a clone, you won’t feel a thing.” Volpina sang.