five

I don't get as much comments in this fanfic, I wish I did

Longer than usual with 1700+ words

five

"If we had brought Skittles with us, he would've got lost, Little Bird. You remember the last time Skittles got lost, don't you?"Niall is telling the little gently, his hand supping the plump flesh of Louis' thigh. Louis has been nonstop whining about the loss of battle about bringing his beloved teddy bear along to the the gala, hating the world and Niall for not allowing him to bring his best friend with them.

"But we found him!"They did find skittles, after a 2 hour Search for a teddy bear with Louis hanging off of Nialls back and crying his heart out for his beloved stuffie. Niall was very much tempted to have the teddy bear surgically attached to Louis so that they didn't have to go through the whole ordeal again.

"Yes, but you were in tears when you realised he was missing. We can't afford to have a man hunt for a teddy bear, not tonight."He sighs, pressing an apologetic kiss to Louis' temple wnd letting his lips linger for a couple of seconds longer.

"But what if I want a cuddle?"

"Then you can cuddle into my side, little dandelion."Niall has made a promise to be close to Louis as much as he can during the gala, having the little hanging on his arm like the little piece of arm candy that he is. Everyone is well aware of how protective The dominant is over his precious little bird, ready to pounce at the first pair of eyes that linger s little too long on his boy.

Their car pulls up in front of the Grand Hall, Nialls driver getting out and opening the back seat door for Niall to get out. Being the gentleman that he is, Niall holds his hand out to help Louis it of the car, watching how Louis giggles at Nialls antics and hooks his arm with Nialls after the Dominant tells the driver to be back for a certain time.

Louis is already intimated by the venue, the dress attire and the decor that makes up the gala. It's grand and expensive, with suit jackets that will only be worn once and dresses that cost more than half a fortune, table lining made with the softest of silk and glasses of champagne that cost more than Louis can imagine.

He feels like an outsider as he cowers further into Nialls side, wanting to hide away from the prying eyes and fancy outfits that make his simple attire look like pure tack. As much as he adores the attention he receives - because it's face it, Louis is a little attention seeker - he hates when he's the oddest odd one out.

It was like turning up at a funeral in a superman costume

"Daddy, I want to go home."He whines the minute they are standing in the Grand Hall. He tries his best to avoid going to galas and balls like these, he had no interest on being introduced to fellow members of Nialls gang or a new security guard or a family that Seems to know Niall but Niall has no idea who they are.

Louis would often play his sick card when times like these came along, holing to be dropped off at Zayn and Liams and picked up the following morning. Times like these however, ones that Louis isn't quick enough to fake sick or he has to attend because he makes Niall look good, were times he dreaded.

"Louis, you're going to be fine, alright?"Louis looks at him sceptically, because these never went as well as Niall hopes they do."As long as you remain being good, then we won't have any trouble."Before Louis can squawk a reply, Niall is pressing a soft kiss against his lips to silence the boy before he even has a chance to talk.