Engagement Party and Zero's Appearance

(F/n) POV

You finished putting your hair into place and your makeup was light. You had your long (f/c) dress (it looks just like in the picture) but you didn't feel like going at all. You felt like that were just a replacement and nothing more than that.

"I think he would have gone with Euphemia if she was still alive." You said out loud but didn't care if someone heard.

"Hey (F/n) are you ready?" Suzaku asked through the door. He's been acting strange a lot now since you and Gino came back together.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a couple of minutes."

"Alright, I'll be out here then." He said.

'Why did I accept this invitation again. I can't simply forgive and forget or can I?' You check to see if you didn't have anything in your teeth and walked to the door.

Once you saw Suzaku in his Knights uniform you were surprised that it looked good on him. You could have sworn your heart was beating so loud he could hear it.

"Ready to go my fair maiden?" He said with a bow. You seemed surprised that he's acting all gentlemanly towards you.

"Can you please not do that it feels weird when you do that." You said with a blush.

"Ah, sure thing I was just trying to make you smile that's all. I didn't mean to make you feel that way." He said as he seem like he failed again.

"Then shall we go before your friends think we're doing something else." He blushed and agreed and lifted his arm for you to grab on.

Time skip At the party

Suzaku POV

Well, I guess it's hopeless for me to get her to like me. I wonder if Gino has any information on why she hates me. Who am I kidding she even thinks all the Knights are spoiled.

We walk towards the party and we saw Milly and Lloyd together talking with someone and miss Cecil talking with Anya.

"You must be thirsty let me get you something to drink wait here," I said to (F/n) as she nodded.

'I have to find a way to make her feel happy. All I know is useless for me and if Lelouch was here she would smile more around him. Plus with Gino, she talks more openly.'

I walked back and saw Gino asking her to dance with him and she accepted his invitation. I was hoping to ask her to dance, even though I don't know how to dance, but Gino beat me to it.

"What's wrong Suzaku? You look a bit down?" Milly said as she saw (F/n) dancing with Gino.

"She doesn't like me or even looks at me or talk to me like before. What did I do to make her hate me so much."

"Hey Suzaku do you want to know why she acts like that a lot," She said as she looked at me.

"Why?" I asked hoping to finally get the problem fixed.

"Well, when she heard you saying that you and princess Euphemia were together

"Well, when she heard you saying that you and princess Euphemia were together. She was going to confess to you that day as well. That day she changed a lot and has been that way since then. I don't know what she's thinking in her head, but I still think she still loves you like before the Euphemia incident. My guess is she just doesn't want to get hurt like that again. Or she's not willing to let anyone else in her heart." Milly said as she looked at her. The song was over and Gino directed her away from the dance floor.

"Suzaku if you want to change your relationship with her stop being someone else and just be you," Milly said as she walked away.

'She's right all this time I thought she would laugh and enjoy this night. But all I've done is make her uncomfortable and probably regret coming.'

"Suzaku what's wrong you look down," Gino said as he and (F/n) looked a bit curious now.

"Hey (F/n) can we talk in priv-"

"Presenting his royal highness prince Schneizel." Someone said as I saw him and Nina walking together. Nina looked a bit nervous and scared but Schneizel said a few words and she changed a bit.

Gino and Anya and I kneeled before him as all the other guests stand aside for him. (F/n) was next to Milly where she hid from the view.

 (F/n) was next to Milly where she hid from the view

"Please stop kneeling it's a party nothing more." Schneizel said as I spaced out what he told us. That is until Anya and Gino got up and told me to get up as well.

"Suzaku I hope everything is well at school," Nina said

"Yep take a look at yourself," I said as Milly waved and she seem happy to see her. Everyone resume what they were doing and (F/n) somehow disappeared from the party. I saw two people playing chess and went where they were. Right as I got there she was playing against one of the guests.

"There you are I've been looking all over for." She didn't look up and one bit just. As for the other guy he manages to find a way to escape for his king from being trapped.

"My what a game seems to me that he already lost and has no way out." Prince Schneizel said as he had a glass of wine.

"Don't underestimate the black king. And this is checkmate." She said as she corner him off all possible escape.

"Presenting lady Kaguya and her guest." Right as they announced it I saw Zero himself next to Kaguya and Kallen. (F/n) seem to notice them as well and she seems surprised to see them.

"Zero"