Part 13

"I just wanted to hug you."

Mark parked in his driveway. I held two bags full of clothes, I felt bad for getting so manny but Mark kept insisting. I had gotten two shirts and three pants along with that one pair of shorts. I also bought some underwear and a bra. I thought Mark would be embarrassed to buy that, but it seemed as if he didn't care. Which I appreciated.

"I'm gonna start bringing the groceries in." Mark said as he left the drivers seat. I'll help him once I put these bags on my bed. Sure, that will make you and Mark even, oh wait. I opened the car door and got out before closing it behind me. I will make it up to Mark... Eventually... I will... Sure you will...

______

I set the last box of cereal on the counter where Mark instructed me to.

"Thanks for helping Y/n." Mark smiled at me.

"No problem." I smiled back. Mark started putting the food he bought away. I decided not to bother him and go to my room.

I walked in and saw the bags on my bed. I think wearing something else might be comfortable, the clothes I'm wearing are still dirty and dry. I close the door behind me and start to change. Taking off my clothes and putting on my new underwear.

"Y/n?" I hear Mark in the hallway as I pull on my bra.

"Yeah?" I yell back as I reach for pants.

"Do you-" I hear the door creek open behind me as Mark stops mid sentence. I freeze. Is Mark in the room? I turn slowly and see him, holding on to the door nob, just looking at me mouth wide open, but not talking. I stood still looking back at him. What do you do in this situation? I'm not sure, I've never been in it. "I'm so sorry." Mark finally spoke looking up at my eyes this time. Where was he looking before?

"No, it's ok, I didn't make that clear, sorry." I mumbled looking down. Mark turned and started to close the door.

Mark's P.O.V.

I started putting things in the fridge, then grabbed the spaghetti noodles I bought. I wonder if Y/n likes spaghetti, I'll ask her. No point in putting this away if she does.

"Y/n?" I yelled as I started walking down the hall towards her room.

"Yeah?" She responded. I reached her door and started to open it.

"Do you-" I stopped realizing she was changing. Oh god, I swear I didn't mean to! She slowly turned. I didn't know! Why am I not saying this out loud? I looked to her e/c eyes. I didn't mean to stare at your beautiful body. "I'm so sorry." Is all that came out. Now I probably look like a douche.

"No," she quickly said. "It's ok," is it really? "I didn't make that clear," she looked down grabbing her left arm. "Sorry." She whispered. Now I made her feel bad, GREAT JOB MARK! Now what do I do? Leave, that's the best option. I turned to go. "Hey,"

"Yes?" I asked, but didn't look again, I don't want to make this worse. No matter how tempting.

"What were you gonna ask me?"

"Oh yeah, I was wondering, do you like spaghetti? If you do I was thinking of making that for lunch or dinner, you know either one."

"Yeah, I like spaghetti."

"Great." I said before leaving the room and closing the door. I quickly put my right hand to my face. What the fuck was I thinking going in without asking? "I'm an idiot." I told myself.

Your P.O.V.

I don't care if I like spaghetti or not. He was going to make it, I was going to eat it.

"Great." Mark said before leaving the room and closing the door. I probably ruined the friendship we had by saying those things. Of course you did, you ruin everything. I continued to put my pants on when I heard a slapping noise in the hall. I walked closer to the door and could hear Mark. "I'm an idiot." He quietly said.

"No you're not." I whispered back. Then I heard Mark's shuffling feet as he left the hallway and went back to the kitchen. I wonder if he heard me. Probably not. No one wants to hear you. I button up my pants and walk back to my bed to grab a shirt. This shirt was plain f/c. I liked it. I put it on and felt happy as I laid on the bed. There was something about it. Was it because it was my favourite colour? Maybe. Was it because it was new? Maybe. Was it because it was clean, unlike my old shirt? Maybe. Was it because it reminded me of Mark? Definitely. I closed my eyes and breathed in. This shirt just made me happy. A smile tugged at my lips as I relaxed, letting myself sink into the comfort of this bed. It was like I was on a cloud. In fact I could see myself on a cloud. I was up in the sky. So hight that when I looked down I couldn't see the ground. I wasn't scared though. I looked around me at the other fluffy clouds, but none as thick as the one I was on. The sky was blue, at least the parts I could see. It was that bright blue, the kind you couldn't be sad while you looked at. And I wasn't. For once in a long time. I was truly happy...

Could a shirt really have that much affect on me? No. But the man who bought me the shirt? Yes... Of course he could.

______

Finally, a good chapter! I'm so so SOO sorry for the precious chapters, they were just filler chapters. Anyway. Vote if you liked it and don't if you didn't. Simple enough!

BUH BYE!!! Lol (lots of love)

-Me