Part 28

I felt like crying... I smiled.

He was okay. My breathing didn't slow when I saw him, my lips just curved into a smile. I wanted to say something, but what could I? He wouldn't hear me anyway. Thank God he was okay. I turned to the doctor, who stood still in the doorway.

"Thank you." I smiled at him. He smiled back, giving a small nod before leaving the room. I turned back to Mark. His face was purple and puffy, he was hurt but not permanently. I let out a sigh of relief, placing my hand on my forehead. "I'm not sure whether to cry or smile right now." I laughed, my eyes watering. "I am so, so grateful that you'r-you'r-" I sniffled wiping my eyes. "You are-" I smiled letting out quick amused breaths of air as tears started down my cheeks. I covered my rambling mouth, I needed to shut up.

He was alive, he was safe.

________

I stared at Mark in the bed, I was waiting for him to wake up. What could I do without him? Nothing that's what, I'd be dead. I am so glad that he isn't. My mind has been going in loops for the few hours I've been here, waiting for him to wake, appreciating him for who he is, just being excited about seeing him again. I mean, I see him, but I want to hear him, listen to him, there is a difference.

The door opened and my head turned to the sound of it. A woman stood in the doorway looking straight at Mark not even noticing me in the room, she wasn't in a uniform, she didn't work here. Quickly she walked to the foot of Mark's bed. She had medium length black hair, or maybe dark brown. Her eyes flashed around eventually landing on me, she had a heart shaped face and her eyes suggested Asian ancestry. I lifted my hand in a small wave. She looked at me confused, as if I were the one who were in the wrong room. Soon her eyebrows raised as if she understood what was going on, which would make one of us.

"Are you Y/n?" She asked with an accent, I couldn't put my finger on where she was from.

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, that's me." How'd she know? She smiled big and walked up to me.

"Nice to meet you." She opened her arms to hug me. Why? I have no idea, but I hugged her anyway, who am I to turn a hug down by a sweet woman. She let go and looked me up and down smiling. "So you are Mark's girlfriend?"

I never really thought about it. Did that kiss mean more than just to shut me up? Did he want to date me?

"I don't know."

"Of course you are." She laughed which couldn't help but make me smile.

"So how do you know Mark?" I asked.

"Oh," she laughed, "sorry I didn't introduce myself." She smiled at me. "I am Mark's mother."

I love Mark's mom.

(Who dosent tho?)

Mark P.O.V.

My eyes started opening, they were closed? The room I was in was bright, like way brighter than it should be. I've never seen something this bright. My eyes very slowly tried to adjust to the extremely bright room. It felt hard to focus on anything, something was going weird in my brain. I heard a quiet gasp, I wasn't able to understand where it came from, but I knew who it came from, Y/n. I squinted my eyes looking around quickly seeing Y/n a step away from me. I looked up at her and watched her, her lips moved but I didn't hear anything. Then she was hugging me.

"Mark I'm so glad you're okay." I heard. Suddenly Y/n wasn't hugging me and my mom was standing Infront of me.

"What's going on?" I asked. I didn't hear a response for a few seconds.

"You but your head on the bathtub and got a concussion." I didn't remember hitting my head. I had a concussion? That's why my head feels so weird, everything is so weird not just my head.

"Okay." I spoke. I couldn't really say anything else, it was a hard thing to comprehend everything around me, if I wanted to hear something it seems as if I needed to focus.

__________

Y/n P.O.V.

We had gotten Mark in his bed.

"Why don't we stay in the hospital?" He asked.

"There's nothing the doctors can do about a concussion, and they already got you pain meds." He sat in his bed stairing at me for a moment before responding.

"Okay." It was still a bit weird seeing Mark not be able to answer immediately, it was as if he was lagging. He saw me but took a moment to process what I just said.

"So the best thing for you right now is sleep, in a dark room. The doctor said don't do much." He looked at me with the same blank stare he had a moment ago.

"Okay." He answered.

"Try to sleep, and keep the blinds closed." A few seconds passed.

"Okay." He replied laying down.

"Good night, I'll be back later." I backed away to the doorway of his room, still looking at him. Standing in the doorway it was hard to leave. I wanted to make him feel better, but there was nothing to do but wait.

That sucks.

________

Yayyyyyyyyyy, this took too long to post and I am truly sorry about that. I hope you liked this chapter, and if you didn't... Well that sucks XD. Okay have a great day, and live life because if you don't that'll make me sad. Coolio have a great day.

BUH BYE!!! Lol (lots of love)

-Me