Chapter 2

Avalon's pov

"I'm sorry sweetie, but it's for the best. I love you." Mom said, as she pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"I love you too, Mom." I whispered, and returned the hug.

"Flight 206 to Los Angeles is now boarding. I repeat, flight 206 to Los Angeles is now boarding." The monotone voice boomed over the speakers.

"That's my flight." I whispered, as she pulled me into another hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, honey bug." She said, and I grinned at the name.

"I'm gonna miss you too, lady cakes." I said back, and she smiled. I made my way up the stairs to the plane, my luggage already put up. I was put in Class A, and I sat in the very back of it. Sighing, I looked out the window to see my mom staring back at me. She blew me a kiss, with a sad smile on her face, and began walking back to her car.

I love you mum.

•.•.•.•.•

"Miss, Miss. The flight has landed. Miss, wake up."

"We made it already? What time is it?" I asked, groggily.

"It's 12:00 pm." The flight attendant smiled at me.

"Okay." I said, and made my way off the plane. Grabbing my luggage, I walked around mindlessly until I saw a sign with my name on it. Walking up to the man, he looked at me in recognition.

"Are you miss Avalon Green?" He said, and I nodded. The man couldn't have been over 30. He had short blonde hair, and had a tattoo up his lower arm. The slight stubble was noticeable, and his blue eyes stayed glued to mine.

"Yes. Who's asking?"

"I am your personal butler. Your father assigned me to come and pick you up. My name is Grant Peoples. Nice to meet you." He said kindly, taking my hand in his and kissed it. I nodded, and got into the limo, as he got into the driver's side.

"We'll be there soon." He said, and we were off.

•.•.•.•

"We have arrived Ms. Green." Grant said, as he opened my door.

"It's Avalon." I smiled at him, and he nodded. Stepping out of the limo, I was amazed with what I saw. The house that we were at, was gigantic. It was a mansion, after all. The outside was painted white, and there were bricks outside the doors, and around the house was grass with beautiful flower beds around them. Flowers of all kinds and colors were strewn out over it, and bricks aligning them. The window had a flower bed over it, and were up high, about 2 stories.

As we walked inside, I awed at the sight. There was a giant chandelier hanging from the ceiling of the living room, and a long black couch in the middle. There were love seats on either side of them, and a giant plasma screen tv in the wall. There was a wide oak wood table in the middle of it all, and a shelf with movies, and CDs on them.

"I'll take your bags and put them in your room. You can look around if that's what you wish." Grant said to me, and I nodded. Before he left I grabbed his arm.

"You don't have to speak so formal to me. Just, talk to me like you would a normal person. It's just me." I said, and he smiled at me. Leaving up the stairs, I began to walk around the house.

I walked in to what seemed to be the kitchen. The cabinet doors were white, and here was black sink, with a silver handle. There was a smaller chandelier in here, and there was a dining room connected to it. The dining room has a table with 10 seats to it, and another plasma screen tv. There was a large window at both ends of the walls, and overlooked some of the other houses. The black fridge was filled with all kinds of foods, and as well as the cabinet doors.