Chapter 9

Avalon's pov

*2 months later*

Everything was going smoothly. School was getting easier, the days were getting cooler, the nights were longer, and everything was okay. Grayson and I had gotten closer this past month. We had gotten over that whole first kiss incident. He apologized, and I forgave him.

He's like my boy best friend now. I tell him everything, and if something is upsetting me? He's always there for me, and he gives me a shoulder to cry on. If something good has happened to me, he'll congratulate me on it and place a kiss on my cheek. If I just need to vent, he'll hold me close and tell me that everything'll be okay.

I have much love for him, as a best friend of course.

We were currently sitting in the living room on one of the long couches watching a movie, when there was a loud knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I said, as I got up and walked to the door. Twisting the knob, I opened the door to be engulfed in a giant bear hug.

"Alex!"

"Dillie!" I squealed, as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close.

"Fuck, Alex I missed you so much." Dylan said, hugging me tighter.

Releasing him, I smiled a heartwarming smile.

"I miss you too. Come in." I said, as he stepped inside. I came and sat back on the couch next to Grayson, as Dylan looked at the two of us.

"Are you two together?" He asked, and I blushed.

"No, he's just a friend." I said, and I felt Grayson tense beside me. I looked at him quizzically and he only shook his head. Dylan squeezed in on the other side of me.

I heard him murmur something, but I didn't quite catch it.

"So how've you been Dylan? I haven't seen you in what seems like forever." I said, shooting him a smile. "Have you stayed out of trouble?" I asked, as he rolled his eyes.

"I've stayed out of trouble, but only because my partner in crime isn't there to cause hell with me. And I've been great, thanks for asking. And so has ma. But goddamnit ma is fucking nuts I Swear. This woman threw a chicken bone at my neck, after she carved the end so that it was sharp." He said, and I bursted into a fit of giggles.

"Tell Louise I said hey. I'm sure she didn't mean any harm."

"Alex, it stabbed me in the neck." He said, and narrowed his eyes. I laughed, throwing my head back.

"Gosh, Dylan. So, anything I'd need to catch up on?"

Grayson's pov

It was eating me alive.

The fact that she didn't notice that he was openly flirting with her, blinded by the friendship that they'd had.

She didn't catch when he murmured the word "Good" under his breath after he had asked if we were dating.

Maybe I'd have to make it known to him that I'm relatively trying to make her mine.

It's been hours since he's been here. Approximately 6 hours and 21 minutes. Yes, I was counting. I had gotten out of the shower a few hours ago, and when I came back I thought that he'd been gone. Guess how wrong I was. Avalon was in the shower as of now, and we were sitting on the couch watching the movie that was in before he had popped up out of nowhere.

I could feel his eyes on me as he stared me down.

"Staring is rude." I stated, not shifting my eyes to look at him.

"And trying to take my girl away from me is too." He said with slight accusation in his voice.

"So she's yours now?" I asked him, chuckling at his idiot-icy.

"She always has been. And I'm not letting some douche that she's met only 2 months ago come between us." He said, and Avalon walked in at that moment.

"Hey guys." She said, as she walked in with a smile on her face. She had her hair up in a ponytail, and she was wearing her usual tight tank top and short Nike shorts.

"Hey, love." I said, grinning at her as Dylan put up a facade.

"Hey babe." He smiled, as he turned his attention towards her. "I think I'm gonna jet. I'll see you later okay?" He said, as he pulled her into a hug.

"Bye Dillie." She said, as she closed the door after him. Walking back over to me, I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down under me.

"Finally, some alone time."

"Oh shutup." She said, giggling.

"How can you be so oblivious to the fact that he likes you, Ava?"

"He doesn't like me, he's just a friend Gray." She said, using the nickname that she had given me.

"Whatever." I said, and rolled my eyes. Backing away from her, I sat on the couch and directed my attention to the movie.

"Aww, somebody's jealous." She teased,

"I'm not jealous." I argued.

"Yes you are. It's okay to be jealous, Gray." She giggled, as she climbed on my waist. Laying her head on my chest, I rubbed her back soothingly.

"I'm not jealous, Ava."

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Whatever Gray." She said, and laid her head back down.

She just doesn't know how bad I want to claim her as mine. To place my lips and hers and explore every inch of her mouth. To take her on my bed and have her moaning and writhing under me, screaming my name.

For me to claim her as mine.

We continued watching the movie for a few more hours before I had heard her breathing slow down. I knew that she was asleep by then. Picking her up bridal style, I carried her to my bed and laid her down. Getting in beside her, I pulled the covers over us both and moved her so that her head was on my chest and our legs entangled together. I kissed her forehead before I fell into a dreamless sleep.