Chapter 12

STACY:

I got down from the bus and headed towards the office. Today wasn't like most days. For one I was actually happy and I wasn't running late. Because of last night's wonderful events I couldn't sleep at all so when my alarm rang this morning I was already up. Not saying that that didn't surprise my mother and make her start questioning and teasing me but still, it was almost like nothing could bring me down or make me stop smiling. Each time I closed my eyes, I could feel his lips on mine, his hands on my hips, how his tongue felt, how being so close to him gave me the jitters.

Plus I had gotten the Gucci bag back so I guess it meant me getting my old life back. Hopefully.

Inside the elevator I told myself to take breaths and calm down so that when it came to telling Mr. Waltz I didn't blurt out anything stupid. As I got out of the elevator Bella spoke to me, "Mr. Waltz has been asking for you."

I haven't even reported for work and I am already in trouble. I checked my watch and it showed that I still had a good ten minutes. Confused I just nodded at Bella and headed to his office. I knocked and waited for him to let me in.

"Come in." Came his usual grumpy voice. 

"You wanted to see me?" 

Bent over his laptop, dressed in a navy blue Armani suit with his usual white shirt, he almost looked handsome. I could understand why the media called him 'The most eligible bachelor' and why all the girls were crazy over him. 

"There you are. Late as usual. Have you no discipline?" He looked up at me sternly and I felt the thought of him being even a little bit good looking evaporating and irritation replacing it.  

I took a deep breath and answered as calmly as possible. "I am not late, sir. It's just twenty past six. My working hours start from six thirty." 

Mr. Waltz looked ready to burst at my patronising tone. "Miss. Brown, I am not quite sure I appreciate that tone of yours. And you would be wise to remember to never speak to me like that again if you wish to keep your job."

"I am sorry." I said and on after thought added, "Sir."

"What did you say?" He voice colder than ice made a shiver run down my spine. And here I was thinking that my day was off to a good start!

"I- I meant" I stammered. "It won't happen again, sir."

"Good." He sat back in his chair and gestured to the seat in front of him. "Have a seat, Miss. Brown."

I sat down in front of him warily. I guess it was safe to say that I was terrified of what was to come. He had never before asked me to sit and always kept me on my toes with his barks and orders. 

"This past week has been difficult. For both you and me. Me, 'cause I had to adjust to your incompetence and you, obviously because you had to actually start working." He smirked at me and I had to bite on my tongue to keep quiet. "Anyway, what I was saying was, even though you are quite lazy, very clumsy and might I add a little slow in the head," I was honestly glowering by now. "you have made great improvements and I guess it's safe to say that your job is safe. For now."

"How kind of you, sir." I replied, sarcasm dripping from each word.

"I will pretend you didn't just say that and move on since I am in a generous mood today." He smiled at me and it only made the itch worse. I was itching to snap or do something. I couldn't believe he'd just called me 'a little slow in the head'!

"What is that, Miss Brown?" He looked at me with those fierce eyes and I didn't know what he meant. Looking at my dumbfounded expression he pointed at my lap and following his eyes I saw the Gucci bag on my lap and once again found myself in a fix.