Chapter 6: Prepping For Regionals

Emily-Grace Speaks

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Regionals is in two days and I'm so excited that I'm going to be competing. Since my mum won't be able to watch me perform, I've asked Millie if she could record the performance on my camera. Since she is one of the nicest people on this planet, she said yes.

I walk over to my locker and I get my books. I look at my locker door for the last time before we go to Regionals. I look at the photos of my mum and Anna-Grace. While I stare at the photo of Anna-Grace, I take out the necklace from under my top and I hold it against my chest.

"Please Annie, give me luck for Regionals," I whisper to the picture. I then close my locker door and I walk off to Spanish (which I have with Rose and Michaela).

When I get there, Rose and Michaela are already sitting at the back row, waiting for me. I smile at them and I run over to the empty seat inbetween them.

"Hey, do you want a lift after school to the Hospital?" They ask at the same time which makes me giggle.

"That would be great, thanks," I reply.

Before Mr Martinez could start the lesson, Finn walks into the classroom. Finn whispers into his ear. Mr Martinez nods and he looks at us three. Finn then makes a hand gesture (which means we have to go with him) and we grab our books and our bag. We then walk out of the class with Finn.

Before we can ask the question, he says, "We are having a Glee Club meeting. We are going to choose songs for Regionals." Us three girls smile at each other. "Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you. Regionals is going to be at the new theatre."

We meet up with the rest of Glee in the Auditorium. They are surrounding the piano, looking at sheets of music.

"Hey guys," I said out loud. They look at us and then greets us strangely.

Ever since they found out my mum was at Hospital, they have been treating me differently...

We run up to the piano.

"Hey, Rose and Michaela, what songs do you want to perform?" Jake asks with a smile. The two girls look at each other with worried faces.

They must of forgot to get a song.

"Umm...well....umm...you see...umm..." Michaela said as she tries to make up an excuse. I quickly grab a sheet of music from my bag and I hand it to Rose. She nods and shows Michaela. They both smile. "Here it is," Michaela said with confidence. She look at me and mouths the words 'thank you' to me. I wink at her.

"Well then, you guys should get practising," Finn said. They nod and run off backstage somewhere so they can practise.

"Okay guys, does anyone have any idea of what songs we should perform?" Mr Shue said as we all think really hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We (as in Marley and I) walk into the choir room laughing and having a good time. We walk over to Jake and we sit next to him. Ryder decides to come and sit with us for this Glee Club session.

"Hey guys, what do you think the assignment is this week?" Ryder asks.

Before anyone could answer his question, I say jokingly, "hey, I'm still pissed at you." He laugh.

"Oh really?" He said. I nod my head with a smile. He smiles back. We then get so caught up in smiling that we were still looking into each other's eyes. When I realised we were doing this for too long, I look away. He does that too. I laugh to myself.

"Okay everyone," Mr Shue said when he enters the room. "This week assignment is..." He rights up the word 'Regionals' on the board. "Now, Regionals is in two days so what I want you guys to do is practise our song selection, so you are 100% ready to win Regionals!" We all cheer.