Chapter 15: The Picnic And Other Surprises

I've been waiting under this tree for 15 minutes.

Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have come 10 minutes early.

I sit and I lean my head against the trunk of the tree.

This tree brings back memories from when I was younger.

*Flashback Starts*

"You can't catch me," I said as I run around and around the tree trunk with my dolly.

"Yes I can," he said as he gets closer and closer to me. "TAG! You're it!" He shouts. I giggle and I start chasing him. When I realise I can't catch him, I fall to the ground, so tired. "Are you okay?" He asks as he takes a seat next to me.

"I'm tired. Let's play dolly's!" I said as I pull my dolly out and he pulls his action figure out.

"Save me," I said while playing with my dolly who needs saving.

"I'll save you," he said and he makes his action figure look like it is flying through the air.

"Yay, my hero," I said as I run around on the fresh grass. I then go back and I sit down on the tree roots that are sticking out of the ground.

"Son, we have to go now. Come on," his mother said.

"Before you go, draw a smiley face on the tree next to the one I drew," I said as I hand him a pen I found at home. He starts drawing and when he finishes, I see that it's a picture of me. After he gives my pen back, I look at him with sadness that I wouldn't see him again. I don't even know his name. I hug him. "Goodbye," I said as I wave goodbye to him. He waves back before leaving. "Mummy. Can I play with him again?" I look up at mum and she smiles at me.

"One day sweetie, one day," she said as she grabs my hand so we can get some ice cream.

*Flashback Ends*

"Hey. I thought you wouldn't come," Jake said as he walks over to me.

"Of course I was coming. This place is special to me, especially this exact tree," I said as I touch the tree trunk where the pictures are.

"They're still there?" He said excitedly.

"Yeah. I made them stay on there, and I saved this tree from getting cut down. So, this is my tree legally."

"Wow. You probably won't believe me but I drew that picture there," Jake said as he points at the picture of me. My eyes widen.

"Oh my gosh. It's you. I can't believe it's you," I said excitedly.

"I'm what?" He asked with concern.

"You drew that picture. You were the kid with the action figure." I smiled.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"I'm the girl with the doll. I drew that picture of you and I gave you the pen."

"Wow. This is amazing," he said and he hugs me. "I've been looking for you for years. I didn't think that it would be someone close to me," he said. I hug him tightly.

I can't believe I knew my brother before I knew he was my brother.

Then, Puck walks over to us with a picnic basket and I sit back down on the ground.

"What's this?" I ask.

"We need a family reunion," Puck said as he gets the blanket out of the basket.

"Yeah, but I never imagined you two being the picnic types," I said surprised.

"We aren't, but you are," Jake said as he takes food out of the basket. I smile at them.