Chapter 27: Prom

I invited Rose and Michaela over so we all can get ready for the Prom.

"So, how was yesterday? I heard that you're the champion in this house," Michaela said as she lightly curls my hair.

"Yeah, I won $50 off Puck and Jake by beating them in a race on this game," I said proudly and loudly so the boys can hear.

"Hey! I wasn't ready, alright?!" Puck yells from downstairs which makes us smile.

"Why do you live with them?" Rose asks as she does her makeup.

That's right. I haven't told them that I'm a Puckerman.

"Well, let's just say that I've known them for ages," I said with a smile.

"Okay," they said. Michaela finishes curling my hair and we swap positions. We've already done Rose's hair a while ago, and the only person left that needs their hair curled is Michaela. I start to curl Michaela's hair while she puts makeup on.

"Do I look okay?" Rose asks as she stands in front of us, fully ready. My mouth drops.

"Okay? You look absolutely wonderful," I said with a smile.

"Thanks." I finish doing Michaela's hair and she stands up. We all stare at the mirror of us three.

"We look marvellous," I said which makes everyone laugh. "That reminds me, selfie time." I grab my phone from my purse. We all smile for the first photo. For the second one, we all poke our tongues out.

What? My mum would've wanted a good photo, so that's what the first one is for.

We slowly walk down the stairs. I see Ryder waiting for us. I smile at him. His mouth drops.

"What?" I question him.

"It's just you look incredible, all of you," he said. I smile and I give him a kiss. We then walk out of the house.

"Have a good time," I hear Puck say. I smile at him and I give him a hug.

"Oh Puck. What are you gonna do without me here?" I said.

"Maybe go and see Beth."

"That reminds me, I want to see her too. Well, bye," I said and I wave at him. I then run over to the car which is full with my friends.

"Ooh, why were you hugging Puck?" Rose said as I hop into the car.

"Like I told you, I've known him for ages, so he's like family." We drive to Prom. We hop out of the car. I then realise something. "Hey, where are your dates you two?" I ask as I point at Michaela and Rose.

"We don't have one," Michaela said. I frown at them.

"Didn't anyone ask you guys?" I ask sadly. They look at me like I'm crazy.

"No, a lot of people asked us, but we thought that we shouldn't accept any of them because we don't know them. So, we decided to go together," Michaela said and she links arms with Rose. I smile at them.

"Okay. I hope you guys have fun tonight," I said and I walk off with Ryder. We walk down the hallways of McKinley. I sigh.

"What's the matter?" Ryder asks.

"It's just that I'm gonna miss the seniors when they leave, especially Artie, and the year is nearly over already," I said with a sad face, but he only talks about one thing.

"Why would you miss Artie the most?" He asks.

"Because I'm more closer to him than any other senior. He helped me when I needed help. You know, when I couldn't control my wheelchair?" I said.