Chapter 8: Slushied

"I still can't believe that we won Regionals with our duet song!" Rose said, still so excited that we won Regionals. I just giggle to myself. We then make a quick stop at Michaela's locker. She opens the locker door and she gets her books out for the class after Glee Club (we have Glee Club first period).

I look at the photos on her locker door. There is one of the Glee Club, her family, and Rose, Michaela and I. I smile at the photo of us three. We are poking our tongues out.

"I love that photo," Rose said, reading my mind. Michaela nods in agreement and then closes her locker door. We carry on walking down the hallway and then an icy cold liquid hits my face. I try to wipe it out of my eyes without making it sting, but that was impossible. When I look at Rose and Michaela (which was really blurry), I see that they didn't get slushied.

"You two are next!" A familiar voice shouts. I guess that means they were going to get Rose and Michaela soon.

"Hey, are you okay?" Marley said as he runs up to me.

"I'm fine. Just got a bit of slushy on my face," I reply. The four of us then enter the girl's bathroom to get me cleaned up. Marley gets a packet of wipes out of her bag and she starts wiping some of the slushie off of my face. Michaela and Rose start helping as well.

"Why didn't you two get slushied?" Marley asks.

"Dunno, but they did say they were going to get them eventually," I answer. Marley shales her head. She then hands me a packet of wipes.

I'm guessing that they are her spare packet.

"Here. If they said they are going to get you guys soon, then you might need these to get the slushie off."

"Thanks," I said. We then all into an awkward silence.

As I wipe the last bit of slushie off my face, Marley randomly asks, "Are you having a secret relationship with Jake?" I freeze.

Why would she ask this?

"No....why are you asking that?" I slowly said.

"Well, because you are always so happy around him, and I saw you hugging him at Regionals," she answers sadly. I look down to the ground.

"Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't because you are my friend. Actually, to make it official, I will never have a relationship with him." She smiles.

"Okay. I'm just making sure." I let a little smile come across my face and then it disappears. After that awkward conversation, we leave the girl's bathroom and we start walking off to Glee Club (which we are going to be late to).

"Hey, where were you guys?" Jake said as he runs over and hugs Marley.

"We had a slushie incident," Marley answers as she looks at me (who has a blue stain on my top).

I knew I shouldn't of worn white today.

"Are you alright?" he asks. I nod and I go and sit next to Ryder.

"Hey, when did this happen?" Ryder asks.

"Just a few minutes ago, but I'm alright," I answer. He nods and smiles at me which makes me smile back at him.

"Hey guys or should I say Regional champions!" Mr Shue said which makes all of us cheer.

"Okay, this week's theme is..." He grabs a marker and writes the word 'love' on the board. "Love. This week, you have to sing a love song in front of the class." I sigh, knowing that I would have to sing a song solo. "You can also group up and sing a love song," he said, making me perk up.

I'm glad he said that because I'm not singing all by myself. The bell rings and we (as in Michaela, Rose and I) leave the room. Suddenly, Rose gets splashed with a red liquid. It was a slushie. I can see the shock on her face from the coldness of the slushie.

"You're next Blondie," the person said as they laugh and walk away.

"Hey, come on. Let's go to the girl's bathroom....again," I said, which makes Rose giggle a little.

This isn't a good day for us newbies. Now, we're pretty much waiting for Michaela to get slushied, and it can happen any time, any place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We exit our last class for the day when we realise that Michaela hasn't been slushied today.

Oops. Spoke too soon.

Michaela is now covered in a purple, icy liquid.

Honestly, where do they get these slushies from? Their lockers?

We rush Michaela to the nearest bathroom to get her cleaned up. On the way, we meet up with Marley. She then follows us. She gets a wipe from the packet and she helps us clean Michaela.

"Well, I guess they've slushied all of you now," Marley commented and we nod.

"Will they strike at us again?" Michaela asks. Marley nods and we sigh. We nearly finish cleaning the slushie off when Marley asks another disturbing question.

"Why did you leave Ryder sitting alone at Regionals?"

Oh my gosh. She must of saw that...or Ryder told her.

I take a deep breath.

"My life is just a mess right now and if I let a good thing come into my life, I might ruin it," I said.

"I don't get it, though. Rose and Michaela are one of the good things in your life."

"Yeah, and I'm glad that they haven't left me yet because I'm so crazy," I say which makes them two giggle.

Before she could ask anything else, Michaela jumps down. The slushie has made a bit of her hair purple.

"Let's go," Michaela said.

"Are you waiting for Jake?" I ask Marley before we leave.

"Yeah," she answers. We then drag her out of the bathroom and down the hall. "Where are you taking me?" She questions, but we just keep walking. We stop at the doors of the Auditorium. We open them and shove Marley in there. We walk down the stairs with her. Her mouth drops when she sees Jake on the stage with a picnic set up.

We look at each other and before we leftave, we said, "You're welcome, Jake."

"Thanks," he said. We walk through the doors, leaving them two all alone.

"Come on guys. I'm pretty sure Marley will tell us everything tomorrow," I said as I link my arms with the girls. We then walk out of school, not realising what time it is. I take out my phone and see it was 5:05. I widen my eyes and I run out of school.

Damn it. I was supposed to be at the Hospital by now.

"Can you guys give me a lift to the Hospital?" I said and they nod.

I hope my mum doesn't mind that I'm going to be a bit late.