Chapter 17: The Hospital

I remember that smell. The smell of hand sanitiser and clean sheets. It's from the Hospital. Wait, it's from the Hospital.

I open my eyes and I sit up. I recognise this room. This was my mum's hospital room. Oh no. All the memories are coming back. The ones of us in this exact room. I gasp for air. I press the button for the nurse. When she doesn't come instantly, I press the button again, and again, and again. Finally, she came.

"What's wrong?" She asks with a worried face.

"I need to change rooms. I can't be in this room. Please, send me to another room. Please," I said with tears in my eyes.

"Of course dear. Don't you like this room?" She asks while pushing my bed out the door. I shake my head. Some more nurses come rushing over and help the other nurse push me out.

I ended up moving to room 9. I stop panicking once we enter the room. This room was one of those private rooms. She must of thought I don't like people. When she pushed my bed to the right place, I try to hug her with both arms, but one of them is in a lot of pain.

I hug her with my one hand and said, "Thank you. Thank you so much."

"Your welcome," she said as I let go of her and she walks out of the room. A heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I said. It's Jake and Ryder with a bouquet of flowers in wahc of their hands. I smile at them. "Thank you guys," I said. Jake walks up to me and hugs me. I then get a stabby feeling around my ribs.

"She has a few broken ribs, a sprained wrist, a sprained ankle, and multiple cuts and bruises," Ryder reads out from the board at the end of my bed.

"Wow. He did that much damage to me?" I said as I look at my sprained wrist.

"Yeah," Ryder said as he places the flowers next to me.

"Hey. Where's your mum? We didn't see her in the room," Jake said.

"She is...umm..at home doing...umm...some chores," I said with a small smile.

"Oh. I was just wondering when she is coming to visit you," he said. I look back down at my wrist. "Ryder. Can we have some privacy?" Jake asks and Ryder nods. He then leaves the room in a hurry. "Look. I know your mum isn't home. She hasn't been home for over a month. Tell me the truth, Gracie. Where is she?" Jake asks. I just bursted into tears. "Hey, don't cry. Where is she?" He asks and he wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"She's gone, and when I mean gone, I mean she's long gone. She died the weekend of her birthday. She was just having a nap. Usually when she has one, she sleeps for an hour and wakes up. Then, three hours past and she dodn't wake up. Just to make sure, I checked her pulse. She didn't have one. I called the nurse in and she told me that me died about an hour earlier. She was gone, and her last words were 'see you when I wake up.' But, she didn't wake up." I burst into tears again, except this time, my tears are like rivers.

"Have you had the funeral yet?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Everytime I try to, I cry. I just can't do it, but I have to," I said as I wipe away my tears.

"It's okay. I'll get us some real food, chocolate," he said as he leaves the room. I giggle a bit. After a few minutes went by, Jake and Ryder come back in.

"You both went and bought chocolate?" I question with a grin.

"No. He went and got chocolate. I went and got our family." Then right on cue, thd Glee Club walks in. Even the graduated students are here. I smile at Ryder.

"Thank you," I said as everyone walks over to me and hugs me. I hug then back. Then, everyone grabs all these snacks out of their bags. I laugh when Rachel gets the DVD that I love from out of her bag. She puts it into the TV and it goes to the menu. Puck, Mike, and Finn come in with bean bags and chairs for everyone to sit on. Then, Mercedes, Quinn, and Santana come in with sleeping bags.