Chapter 32: The Sing-Off

Last night, I actually went home, back to Puck and Jake. I asked them to promise to tell me if Ryder or Marley comes over. So, I could leave or hide in my room. They promised and then I had to promise that I wouldn't run away again.

I walk down the hallway of McKinley. I'm surprised that no one has said anything to me.

"Good morning, Puckerman." I spoke too soon.

"Good morning Kitty," I said, knowing that it's he annoying voice.

"What are you doing Puckerman?" She said with an evil smile.

"Going to my locker. Why are you asking?"

"I just want to know what you're going to do today because Sue might put you back on the team." I smile at her. She starts laughing. "Psyche. You're ao easy to fool," she said and she walks off. I take a deep breath so that I wouldn't murder her or something.

"Emily, can I talk to you?" Marley said.

"What do you want Marley?" I said.

"I'm sorry for slapping you. I thought you were going out with Jake behind my back and..." I interrupt her.

"Ha, you little brat. I told you that I would never go out with him so many times, but you wouldn't believe me. You've done enough to me. First, you kiss my boyfriend, then, you slap me?! I've been so kind to you and you just shoved it back in my face. I don't want you to contact me ever again," I said and I slam my locker door shut. I then walk off down the hallway.

"Hey, I thought we were going to go on our date yesterday?" Justin said.

"Sorry. There was a change of plans. How about after school today?" I said with a smile. He smiles back.

"Sure. Gotta go, bye beautiful," he said and he kisses me on the cheek. I sigh.

What have I gotten myself into? I don't love him at all. If I say that, he'd probably hurt me.

"Hello? Gracie?" Jake said as he waves his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?" I said.

"Do you have the song for the sing-off today?"

"Oh yeah," I said and I drop my bag on the ground. I rummage through my bag and I find three sets of music sheets. "Here. Can you give these to Artie and Ryder?" I ask and he nods. "Thanks," I said and I hug him. I then walk off to Geometry with him. We enter the room.

"Hey look, it's the Puckermans!" Some annoying brat yells. Everyone gasps.

"So? Continue with your work you pests!" I said and we sit in our seats. The teacher calls the roll.

"Emily-Grace..."

"Puckerman," the same person said.

"No, Madison," the teacher said, standing up for me.

"I'm here," I said sadly. While she's teaching, I draw in my book. It's filled with drawings. There's one of Jake, Puck, and I. There's also one of the Glee Club. Jake spots me drawing.

"Who are you drawing?" He asks.

"My mum," I said as I draw the eyes.

"It's really good."

"Thanks. Do you think we could ditch next period?" I ask.

"Why? Do you have class with Justin?" he said with anger.

"Yep, that's why."

"Sure." The bell rings. We then run out of class. "So, where should we go?" He asks.