Chapter 33: No One Should Know

Today, I'm wearing a jersey, shorts, and converse.

"Hey Gracie. Why are you wearing a long sleeve? You never do," Jake said.

"Oh, you know. It's a bit cold in here," I lied.

"It's Summer."

"Yeah, well, it's cold to me," I said and I walk to my locker. He grabs my arm which made it hurt. "Ow! Don't touch that arm," I warn him. He lets go of me.

"Sorry. What's wrong with it?" He asks.

"Dunno," I lie while I look at the ground. "Can you stop asking questions?" I snap.

"Okay, but if you need someone to talk to, you know where I am," he said and he walks off. I sigh with relief.

"Hey. Did you tell him?" Justin said angrily. I shake my head straight away.

"No."

"Good," he said and he pushes my bad arm into the lockers. He lets go and he walks off. I slide down the lockers and onto the floor.

What have I gotten myself into?

"Are you okay?" Ryder asks and he helps me up.

"Yeah," I lie again. He holds my arms, but I shrug hi hands off.

"Can we talk?" He asks. I nod and we walk into the choir room. He closes the door and we take a seat. "What was Justin doing to you?" He asks.

"He was just talking to me," I said as I look at the ground.

"By shoving you against the lockers?" He said with a worried tone. I nod.

"Yeah."

"What did he do to you?"

"Nothing." He rolls up one of my sleeves of my jersey and he finds a big bruise on my arm.

"Did he do this to you?" I don't answer. I just roll my sleeve down and I stand up. I try to leave the room, but Ryder grabs my wrist. "Em. Did he hurt you?" He said and he holds my waist. I just look at the ground. I finally look up and he's still there.

"No. I fell on our date, and he helped me get up. I knew I shouldn't of worn heels," I said out loud.

"I don't believe you."

"Yeah, well. You can go to hell," I said and I leave the classroom.

"Em, wait!" I hear him say. I run down the hallway and into the girls bathroom. I take a deep breath. I take off my jersey which is covering my bruises. They go all up my right arm. I hear the door open. So, I run into one of the stools. I quickly put my jersey back on and I exit the stool. It was Ryder that came in. "What the hell? You can't be here," I whisper. I hear the door open again. So, I drag him into a stool.

"I want to look at your arm," he said with a serious face.

"Why?" I whisper back.

"Just let me, okay?" He asks. I sigh and I take my jersey off.

"There. Are you happy now?"

"Emily, did he do this to you?" He said angrily. I shake my head.

"No. Please, don't tell anyone. I'll do anything."

"You have to kiss me and tell me if it meant anything." I nod. He puts his hand on my cheek and I do the same with his. I'm now up against one of the walls in the stool. For some reason, no memories of today come back into my mind. He then kisses me. I realise that we've been kissing for way too long, so, I push him away gently. "What's wrong? Did it mean anything to you?" He asks and I look at the ground. I don't want to tell him. I exit the stool. "Tell me," he said.