Chapter 13

Justin released 'Cold Waters' and has another song called 'Let Me Love You' with DJ Snake, I believe. It's on musical.ly. Cold waters is life, I swear. And 'For Free' by DJ Khaled. Anyways, hope you like this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You better not go that concert." Justin said while walking me to my car. He has been bugging me since he showed me that headline. "It's not safe. Jason McCann might be there. He could do something to you since you're one of Shannon's closest friends."

"Oh go stuff your head down a toilet, will you? Spring break is 2 days away and I plan on going to that concert, and you," I jabbed my finger into his chest, "can't stop me, got it?" I turned on my heel and got into my car.

"Ariana," he reasoned with me. " I just want you to be safe. That's all." He rested his arms on my open window.

"I know. That's why I am going. Plus, it's not like you're going to tell McCann if I'm there. You're not related to him. Nowhere near it." He tensed up.

"I know I'm not, but let me be a fucking gentleman and protect you. I will do what it fucking takes to keep you safe," he spat harshly. I gripped the steering wheel hard. There was a moment of silence.

"I got to go. I'll see you later." I rolled up my window and left the school. In the rearview mirror, I saw him staring at me with angry eyes. What's his problem?

*************************

When I got home, I immediately went to bed. I didn't have any homework and I had studied during my free period. I went to my room and crashed onto my bed. As I was drifting off, I heard the front door open. "ARIANA, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW!" shouted my mom. Geez, I didn't do anything.....Have I? I got up and walked zombie-like to the living room, where my mom was standing in her office blouse and skirt, arms crossed and lips pinched. I've never seen her this angry before. "Mom, whatever I did, I'm sorry. I don't know what I did, but you must be really mad and I'm apologizing right here and no-," Mom held up her index finger. I stopped talking.

"I was working at the office and I get a call from the police."

My stomach dropped.

"Officer Gurlenski told me that they found new evidence from the assault. Someone called in anonymously and said that YOU tried to assault Marc."

"What? That is ridiculous! I loved Marc; I would never do anything to hurt him. I saw him get assaulted. I couldn't stop it, because the killer noticed me and tried to go after me, remember? There's NO WAY that I could have harmed him."

"Oh really?," asked my mom. "Then fucking explain," she slammed a disc and a newspaper on the coffee table. "THIS, Ariana." It was today's headline from the LA Times: New evidence found from the Halloween assault of last year, and it is mindblowing. "Mom, this doesn't prove anything."

"Keep reading," she said coldly.

An anonymous call came in today saying that they witnessed the 16-year old Ariana Grande help in the assault of her ex-boyfriend. A video was also sent to the LAPD showing 2 females in the assault, an unidentified teenage girl (who is thought to be Jessica, Ariana's best friend) and another girl resembling Ariana Grande. "We have some evidence to say that Ariana could be linked to Mr. Marc's assault.," said Chief Rodrick. But what about McCann? "We believe McCann was the lover of Ms.Grande, and McCann lashed out due to jealousy and rage. Ms.Grande, realizing what McCann has done, helped in the assault to prove to McCann she was loyal to him, and not to Mr. Marc." McCann has, again, denied any say to the matter at hand.

"Mom, I did not do anything to Marc, I swear on my life, I did NOT do anything to Marc." I pleaded with her. She took the disc and put it in the DVD player. It showed phone footage of a girl that looked like Jessica and...Me. They were hiding McCann and stabbing Marc with sticks and knives. I watched in horror as they caught the person recording and ran after them. The camera shows the last of the two girls pulling out guns. The screen goes black. My mom stares at me with rage and disappointment in her eyes. "Explain. Now."

"That is not me. Whoever that is, it isn't me. They did their makeup or genetics real good to make it seem it was me. That girl next to fake me isn't Jessica. I am being framed, Mom. Don't you see?" She stayed quiet.

"I don't know if I can even see anymore, Ariana. I know how my daughter looks like, and that looks like my daughter." She got in my face. "I am not stupid. Nor do I look like it. Tell me the truth, Ariana. Did you do it or no?"

"No!"

"Don't lie to me, little girl."

"I didn't do anything!"

"WHY DO YOU KEEP DENYING IT WHEN THE EVIDENCE IS CLEAR?! JUST TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH, DAMNIT!"

"Fine, you want the truth? Here it is; I. DID. NOT. DO. ANYTHING. I WAS RUNNING FOR MY LIFE BECAUSE THE KILLER WAS CHASING ME. WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE ME? WHY ARE YOU SO PARANOID? IS THAT WHY DAD LEFT YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE SO PARANOID THAT HE WAS CHEATING ON YOU? IS THAT WHY HE HASN'T EVEN CALLED ME FOR 3 YEARS TO WISH ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY OR A HAPPY ANYTHING? TO AVOID THE CHANCE OF YOU PICKING UP AND GOING ALL BALLISTIC ON HIM AND ASKING HIM TO STOP SLEEPING AROUND AND TO COME HOME ALREADY WHEN YOU KNOW HE WOULDN'T IN A BILLION YEARS? IS THAT WHY? ANSWER ME, YOU PARANOID BITCH!"

She stayed quiet and I saw tears forming at the corners of her eyes. She removed the disc and gave me it.

"How could you say?" Then she slapped me. Hard. I held my cheek and felt a little blood on my finger. "You're a horrible daughter, and I wish I never had you," she told me. She began climbing up the stairs. She paused and turned around. "Don't ever say that to me. Understood?" I stood there in shock and fear. I couldn't even respond. She began climbing up the stairs again. I could still feel the blood trickling down my finger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What did you think? Who is framing Ariana, and why?
Say it in the comments and don't forget to vote and share.

Thanks for reading!