Chapter 17

Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What's his problem?" asks Itzel as we walk to my car.

"I don't know. I mean I get that he wants me to be safe, but he acted like I murdered someone." We get in and leave.

"He did overreact a bit," Itzel says.

"I don't know, and I could care less. But forget about that; what are you going to wear to the concert?"

"A pink pastel crop top with jeans and white sneakers. I want my hair down with a braided crown around my head."

"Sounds cute."

"Yeah."

We ride in silence.

"Are you actually going to go?" asks Itzel after a while.

"Yeah. I'm not letting you get kidnapped."

"But how're you going to do it?"

"I already told you."

"But what about-"

"I'm not talking about this again."

"OK." We rode in silence the rest of the way. We got to my house and entered. Another note from my mom saying she was going to be late. Perfect. We went to my room and tried to choose an outfit.

"This one?" said Itzel.

"

Too hot for the season," I replied. She put it back and looked for another.

"This one?"

"It's cute, but the pants are still too hot for me to wear

"It's cute, but the pants are still too hot for me to wear." Oh lord, was I indecisive.

"Fine." Itzel put the outfit back and looked for more combinations.

"This one is cute, but it's long sleeved. No, not this one. This one......has a stain, never mind. Ari, wash your clothes! Not these jeans; they have more holes than my head. Mmmmm, nope, you wore this for a week straight. Ah ha!" She laid out an outfit.