CATALINA L. ATLAS |✓

THE MAGICIAN.
prologue

   There is just something so special about magic, Catalina thinks as she stares at the crowd of people waiting for her to perform her magic act for the night. The girl's colbat blue eyes slowly scan each face in the crowd, watching as they bounce around in excitement wide smiles adorning their faces... for her. It's all for her, not for her cocky controlling brother, not for his sassy red headed assistant, but for her, Catalina Laurel Atlas.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" The brunette asks, her face lighting up the side of the building she's standing upon. The crowd gives her a generously loud cheer in reply, a few thumbs and hands being raised in the air.

"Tonight, I will be doing a somewhat of a classic trick, I suppose you could call it. Maybe something you would see in Looney Tunes? Tonight I will be jumping off this 30 story building and landing into that small cute transparent pool filled with ice cold water," she informs them while pointing down to the glass pool.

The crowd replies with a loud, "Oooh!"

Catalina slowly takes a step onto the ledge of the building, the tips of her tows lining up with the ledge.

"You got this Cat," she hears her friend Reid speak to her through the chip in her ear.

"Thanks for helping me tonight," Catalina replies, thanking her for lending her the tech equipment for her act.

"Always," Reid tells her. "Try not to die, okay?"

"No promises," Cat jokes back.

The young magician takes in a deep breath through her nose before bending her knees slightly and launching herself off the building. A few strangled screams and multiple gasps reach her ears as she slowly leans the weight of her body forward and front flip followed by two more. The brunette leans all of her weight down so that her body is now falling face forward. She reaches her arms in front of her and presses her hands together as they reach the water filled tank. The glass cracks from the impact, the water now rushing out of it. The crowd gasps and looks around, no Catalina in sight.

"Does anyone have a towel?" Catalina asks, shivering as she stands amidst the crowd that watched her performance.

The crowd goers applaud and high five the grinning magician. Unbeknownst to all of them a guy with a grey hoodie watching them from across the street.

   After her thanking to the crowd and signature curtsy, Catalina walks to her silver bmw. Her damp clothes cling to her body and her black water filled boots squishing with every step. She pulls out her car keys from her purse pressing the button to unlock her car. She quickly opens the door, throwing her purse on the passenger seat, and sitting down. She puts her car keys into the ignition, her eyes zeroing in on a card blocking her speedometer. Her eyes squint at the picture on the tarot card before picking it up and reading it.

THE MAGICIAN

She quickly turns it around and notices that an address, date and time are printed on it.

MARCH 29, 4:44 P.M.
45 EAST EVAN ST. NY, NY

"What the hell?"

( author's note. )
i hope you guys like this new prologue i wrote. it took me awhile to think of what i wanted her to do. i realize that in the first version, catalina is very mary sue and she comes off as someone that is good at absolutely everything. i really hate how i did that so her magical specialties are going to be acrobatic-oh-shit-what-the-hell-just-happened-daredevil/where-the-hell-did-she-go-escape-artist.