14

The four horseman walk up to the gate that is chained. "It's locked!" Henley says as she pulls and jiggles it around.

"Weren't you listening?" Jack asks walking over to them from the other side of the gate. "Nothing's ever locked."

Henley claps. "Well done, Mr. Wilder! Good work," she praises.

"You're a big boy now, Jack," Merritt tells him.

Jack unlocks the chains, pulls them away, and opens the gate. Catalina jumps on him and smashes their lips together. Jack holds her waist and follows her actions. Merritt wolf whistling in the background.

"Okay, okay," Daniel interrupts pulling them away from each other. "That's enough kissing my sister, now go away."

"What if all this was just leading up to us getting mugged in Central Park at 2:00 a.m.?" Merritt asks holding a flashlight.

"No, I'm telling you, we're right where we need to be," Daniel tells him. "We just have to find..."

"That?" Henley intterupts pointing at a tree.

Catalina, who's standing next to Jack, gasps. "The Lionel Shrike tree," she whispers.

"And the card encased in glass," Henley finishes.

"What do we do now?" Jack asks.

The five magicians all pull out their cards and put them ontop of each other. A green glow comes from it as the card transform into a clear one with an eye in the middle. Henley waves the card over the tree which starts to glow.

"Oh, nice!" Merritt says.

"Incredible," Catalina whispers.

Carousel music starts to play. The light bulbs on the carousel light up showing the different array of horses. It starts to spin slowly. The five horsemen walk up to the carousel and see Agent Dylan standing with his tie gone.

"Oh, my God," Merritt explains. "I did not see that coming.That's impossible!"

"No way," Jack says in disbelief.

"That was actually pretty good," Danny confesses.

"Thank you," Dylan replies.

"When I said, "Always be the smartest guy in the room.""

Dylan cuts him off. "We were in agreement."

"Okay, right."

"Henley," Dylan greets.

"I've never seen her speechless," Daniel tells the older man infront of him.

"I take that as a huge compliment," Dylan replies.

"Hey, man, I'm so sorry for
kicking your ass, really," Jack apologizes.

"Hey, listen, for the record,
I have always been a 100% believer, and the amount of energy I have expended
to keep these infidels on point..."

"Merritt, you're in," Dylan tells him.

"God bless," replies, he then looks at Catalina who is examining her nails. "You're unusually quiet."

"Catalina?" Daniel calls his sister name.

She looks to her brother. "Hmm."

Henley shakes her head. "You don't look surprised."

Catalin shrugs. "I already knew."

Jack looks at Dylan who nods. "Wha--how?"

"Oh, well you see..."

Catalina slams Dylan on the wall, her hands around his throat. "What game are you playing at?" She asks him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, cut the act, Dylan Shrike."

Dylan's eyes darken. "How did you know? How did you find out?"

Catalina pulls out her phone and shows him an article. Dylan grabs the phone from her. "How did you get this? I deleted everything."

Catalina smirks. "Contrare to what most hackers believe, you can't delete anything from the internet. No matter how hard you try."

"How did you find it?"

"Oh, come on Dylan. Since you're the puppeteer I figured you would notice already. Who did you think went through with all the plans with technology?"

"You're smarter than you let on."

Catalina smirks again. "Well, of course. I mean let's be honest, no one is going to expect the skimpy clothes wearing slut as the hacker, the bug planter, the firewall breaker. And I keep it that way."

"Why?"

"Why? You should know never to lay all your cards out on the table, you got to put a few up your sleeve."

"You know, technically that's cheating?"

Catalina smirks. "There's no cheating in magic," she tells him.

"Woah, woah, woah," Daniel stops her. "You knew? You knew this whole time?" Daniel asks in disbelief.

"Yes," Catalina says with a nod.

"And you didn't think to tell us?"

"No," she says bluntly.

"Come," Dylan interrupts the siblings and starts to walk towards the carousel. "The real magic is taking five strong solo acts and making them all work together. And that's exactly what you did. So welcome.
Welcome to the Eye," he says before jumping onto the moving carousel.

The Five Horseman grab each others hands and jump on the carousel. Together.

holy crap its finished omg i can't believe this.

vote/comment/share