CHAPTER SEVEN |✓

THE MAGICIAN.
chapter seven

—♞—

"Oh come on! Big thighs is clearly the better answer!" Reid complains to Jack through Skype.

"Uh no its not, 'the blood of Christ' fits way better," Catalina says, defending her card.

Reid gives Catalina her bitch face. "Oh really, Cat? 'Maybe she's born with it. Maybe its the blood of Christ' fits better? No, I don't think so. Everyone knows big thighs save lives therefore my answer is better and I demand he picks it."

Catalina rolls her eyes. "Well too late he already picked my card which means I won the round so ha!" She taunts before sticking her tongue out at Reid.

"Oh screw you guys. I hope you both know picking each other's cards in CAH isn't a flirting tactic."

A few seats down from the three young adults, Arthur Tressler sits talking to Conan O'Brien through Skype. "Two days ago no one heard of these guys, but tonight's show sold out in 35 seconds," Conan says through the laptop sitting on the table. "I think these guys have cracked the secret to show business. Give your audience $3 million. Puts 'em in a good mood, doesn't it?"

"Best finale ever," Arthur replies.

"They're gonna be the first magicians in history to get laid," Conan says making Arthur smile. "Remember, if the oxygen mask comes down, put it on the lawyer first. Remember."

"Oh, yes," Arthur agrees. "I always do, it's lawyer first, then myself and then the children."

"Yes, then the children," Conan agrees.

Merritt lays comfortably spread out on a couch. "Um, allow me to make plain what we've both been thinking," he says to Henley, who is sitting across from him. A martini grasped between her dainty hand.

"And what's that?" Shr asked, her eyes alight and an amused smile settled on her face.

"Well, obviously, you have feelings of affection for Daniel. Unrequited and misguided, owing to his lack of emotional availability," Merritt tells her. "Consequently, you're very tightly...how should I put it? Um...corked."

"Oh, I am?" Henley asks in amusement.

"Now, recognizing that
you have physical needs not being met, and strictly in the vein of helping a sister out, I invite you to think of me
as your own personal corkscrew."

A belle-like laugh sodtly escapes Henley. "Wow, thanks. Let me mull over that offer of cheap and meaningless sex."

"Cheap and meaningless, maybe, but, uh, not time-consuming," Merritt tells Henley making her laugh.

"You know what? Fuck you guys, you guys are cheating. You're ganging up on me amd purposely not picking my cards. I hate you. I hate all of you," Reid rants through the computer screen as Jack wins another point, leaving Reid in third place with a solid zero. Meanwhile, Catalina has a whopping 15 and Jack's not too far behind her with a score of 10.

"Guy goes to the doctor.
Doctor says, 'Sir, you're gonna have to stop masturbating.' He says, 'Why?' He says, 'So I can finish the examination,'" Merritt tells Henley who laughs at the dumb joke.

Daniel notices the two giggling like a bunch of school girl's and huffily walks towards them. 

"Oh, Danny," Jack calls out, desperate to get away from the two girls who are arguing about their cards, again. He doesn't know what it is between those two but whenever they play games together they seem to turn into WWE fighters. "Can I talk to you about my role in the show real quick?" Jack asks the older Atlas.