10

The five magicians run down the fire escape and run over the wall. "Merritt go get the truck. Everyone else, split up!" Catalina yells before running away.

Daniel runs away through an alley and into the casino, Dylan hot on his feet. He hands a person the tracker and they slip it into Dylan's pocket.

Catalina runs through the casino parking lot jumping over cars as an officer chases her. She hides behind one and throws a rock at one a few feet away from her setting off it's alarm. She watches the cop run pass her. She then quickly gets up and runs back the way she came.

She jumps over a wall. "Stop!" Fuller says from behind her, his gun raised. Catalina puts her hands up in surrender.

"Slowly turn around," Fuller demands.

Catalina slowly turns around to face him. Fuller walks closer to her. "Put your hands out," he says pulling a pair of handcuffs from his pocket.

Catalina sighs and rolls her eyes at his stupidity. She let's Fuller put the cuffs on her just to satisfy him. "Let's go," he says, putting his gun back into his pocket and grabbing her shoulder.

Catalina walks a few steps before stopping. She steps on his foot and elbows his neck. She quickly jumps over the cuffs so her hands are now infront of her. Fuller gets up and tries to attack her but Catalina runs towards the brick wall, putting her foot on it and doing a back flip onto Fuller's back.

He wiggles and tries to get her off of him but she puts the chain between the handcuffs around his neck, leans backwards and flips him. She slips the cuffs off and grabs Fuller's tie. She pulls him up and grabs his neck. "You will go to sleep and wake up completely forgetting everything that has happened," she whispers in his ear. She leaves him laying there and runs to the spot they all agreed to meet at.

Daniel runs through the packed streets of people celebrating Mardi Gras. Alma runs right behind him as he runs down an empty street. He jumps on a flower pot and onto a wall but Alma pulls her gun out on him. "Stop!" She yells.

Daniel stops and puts his hands out in surrender. They stare at each other for a few second. Daniel notices her hesitation so he gives her a small wave and runs away.

Daniel makes his way to Napolean House almost getting hit by a few police cars. "Move! Move!" He yells pushing his way through the crowd. "Move out of the way!"

Daniel turns down a few streets until he sees the truck. He opens the door and jumps in. He looks in the back. "Where's Catalina?" He asks Merritt. He looks at Henley and Jack. The latter having his face in his hands which are resting on his elbows. "Where's Catalina?"

Henley shakes her head. "I don't know."

Daniel groans. "Of course Catalina's the one who get's caught."

"That hurts big brother, we need to go," she says closing the trunk.

"Oh thank god," Jack says pulling her into a hug.

"What happened? What took you so long."

"Fucking Fuller," she says rubbing her wrists. "He caught me but don't worry."

"Don't worry? How are we not supposed to worry?" Daniel "The Control Freak" Atlas asked.

"You didn't attack him, did you?" Merritt asks.

"Mmm, that's uh, that's debatable."

"Alright," Henley says putting her hand up for a high five. Catalina smiles and hits her hand.

"No no," Daniel shakes his head. "That makes us even more wanted."

Catalina rolls her eyes. "You know your lack of faith in me is really starting to hurt my feelings," she tells him before shaking her head. "He won't remember a thing."

"Oh? And how are you so sure?"

"Hmm, what is it kids call it now adays? Oh yeah, magic."

"Haha very funny, you know.."

Catalina's phone vibrates cutting Daniel off. "Hold up, hold up listen to this."

"I'm a researcher, that's what I do best," Alma's voice comes through the phone.

"So what's this all about?" Dylan asks.

"Supposedly, if you buy into it,
The Eye are the keepers of real magic and the protectors of
those who practice it," Alma informs him.

"Candidates for initiations
must follow a series of commands with blind obedience."

"This isn't real," Dylan says.

"But there are some who think it is," Alma tells him. "According to this, they only take new people twice a century."

"So what? The Horsemen are doing these shows in order to get into this thing?" Dylan asks her.

Catalina looks up at the other four magicians, with her eyebrows raised.

vote/comment/share