CHAPTER FIVE |✓

THE MAGICIAN.
chapter four

—♞—

Catalina rhythmically taps out a beat with her fingers on the table as she waits in the interrogation room. The young magician hums as she watches yet another cop pass the door of the room she's in. The blonde hair girl throws her head back with a groan. When is somebody going to talk to me? The young magician thinks as she crosses her arms with a pout forming on her lips.

Meanwhile, down the hall from Catalina's room, a hatless Merritt jokingly apologize to Dylan as he walks in a blonde woman by his side. "Please convey my deepest apologies to your colleague out there. I'm really sorry about the whole Tranny Tuesday thing. I was out of line."

"Tranny Tuesday?" Dylan asks the man, his eyebrows slightly furrowed conveying his confusion.

"Well," Merritt states. "It's a bit of an arrangement he and his wife have, or might not have. If you believe everything Agent Fuller is saying to be correct but isn't there a proud tradition in the FBI of men wearing dresses?" Merrit asks. "No shame, Agent Fuller," Merritt yells to the Agent on the other side of the glass. "No shame," he says sassily snapping his fingers in the process before laughing and adding on, "I'm just having fun."

Catalina sighs again for the 100th time. "This blows," she says flatly to no one in particular. Sick of looking at the same blind walls and noticing how no one has passed her door, an idea lights up the blonde's head. Catalina sits up with a mischievous look in her eyes. She slowly gets up making sure her chair doesn't screech against the floor. She walks to the door and swiftly opens it, discreetly looking both ways to make sure the coast in clear.

Conveniently, Dylan Rhodes office was not to far down from where Catalina was being held. The blue eye girl quickly makes her way to the agent that seem to be on the Five Horseman's case. She quickly scrolls and sifts through his files before landing on one with the name Shrike. The magician raises her eyebrow with interest before opening the file.

"Was this your card?" Danny asks as he flips through a deck of cards.

"No," Alma tells him.

"See, I knew you weren't a queen of hearts lady, and I respect that," Danny smoothly tells the French woman in front of him. "The trick usually works better when I'm not strapped in here,
but I understand protocol."

"Okay, okay," Dylan interrupts.

"So, if you had nothing to do with it, then how did the playing card get into the vault?" Alma asks the other Atlas in front of her and Dylan.

"That would be magic," a silky voice says as they enter the interrogation room.

"How did you?" Dylan asks as he notices the second Atlas sibling.

"Get out of the handcuffs?" She finishes his question before scoffing and gravitating towards her older brother. "I could get out of those flimsy cuffs blind folded, in fact I already have search me up on YouTube," she tells him a cocky smile on her lips.

Danny rolls his eyes at his sister's arrogance. No idea where she gets that from.

"Just answer the question, smartasses," Daniel tells them, clearly fed up with their antics.

"All right. Sorry, sorry, sorry," Danny apologizes while Catalina shrugs, looking at Dylan with a new interest and curiosity in her eyes.

"You can keep that," Daniel says giving Alma the soda. "Don't share it with him."

"It says here you are a mentalist," Dylan tells Merritt as he shifts through a folder laying on the table. Merritt's only reply being a disinterested hum.