23- Confront

Now before you guys read the story, please note that the wedding along with the reception was really good. Nobody heard or noticed what was happening except for the parties involved. Gotta say thanks to my brother though for being there. Another chapter that is a vivid memory for me, enjoy!

Matthew's P.O.V

Daniel came over to get Matai for their weekend together. I was a bit worried about it because I was gonna miss my Bunny Rabbit. He was really excited to spend time with his Dani and I was just thinking how innocent, naive and gullible a child can be. I know that Daniel loves him as if he were his own child, but the fact still remains that I wish it were different. I made a vow right there and then that the next man I meet will not be a part of my child's life unless we are exclusively committed.

"All set for our fun weekend?" Daniel asked Tai who was just full of energy.

"Yeah! Let's go already! Bye daddy I will see you soon" he said. Daniel was pulled to the door by Matai but before he stepped out, he turned and looked me in the eye then mouthed " I'm sorry."

I spent the rest of the day getting stuff done around the house. I talked with my friend Jerome for a bit just to catch up on stuff that has been happening. I felt lonely because Jerome was away in a different job, Ravi moved also because of work, my brother was gonna be away for the weekend as well as Dad.

With nothing left to do, I decided to take a nap and probably see a movie later. I was in bed when my phone beeped and I checked to see that I had pictures from Daniel. He sent me pics of Matai on their ice cream outing and it seems as if they were having fun. I called Daniel's number so I could tell my bunny rabbit good night.

"Hey is he awake still?" I asked.

"He is knocked out in the back seat. We are heading back to my place so we can go to bed."

"Oh OK. Thanks for showing up at his party and for the gift you gave him. Daniel please make sure he is ok and if you are gonna have company over then bring him back before they show up" I begged him. He sucked his teeth and sighed.

"Matthew you know I would not do that kinda shit, not while I have him with me. You act as if you don't know me"

"That's the thing Daniel! I really don't know what you are capable of. Just take care of my kid is all I am asking."

"Matty he is my kid too. I love him with all my heart and I would never hurt him..." I cut him off with my laughter, I really could not help it; it just came out.

"Why are you laughing Matthew? Did I say say somethin' that's funny yo?" I could tell he was getting all defensive in his tone.

"Naw man, just that you said you love him so you would never hurt him. Kinda heard that line before but that didn't stop you from doing what you did." I have been so quiet about what happened between us. It was like my dam was threatening to burst open. I took a few deep breaths.

"Matthew Roman I have cried myself to sleep so many nights after what happened. I fucked up big time because I was thinking with my dick for a minute. I love you with all of my heart and I would do anything just to have you back, but I know I can't get you back."

"Daniel I have to go, I am gonna get some rest so good night" I told him then hung up without waiting for a response.

The next morning I woke up alone in bed, I made breakfast and then showered. I was watching TV until I fell asleep.

I woke from my sleep to a knock on the door, I checked the time and it was way past midday. I got up, walked to the door and opened it.

"Daddy! I'm back!" Matai yelled in excitement and jumped right in my arms. I gave him a dose of his kisses all over.