26- Protector

Matthew's P.O.V

"What do you mean that's him? The guy that raped you?" He asked me.

"Yeah, he did it! Can we go Daniel? We can go somewhere else." Before I knew it, Daniel went up to the guy and approached him as he was heading through the door.

"Yo hold up a sec bruh!"

"Can I help you man?" the guy asked.

"Yeah let me ask you somethin' right quick, you know that lil shawty sittin' there?" Daniel asked him and he looked over at me. He seemed to be thinking and then he started to fumble.

"Yo ummm I don't know ole dude man" he said then walked away but Daniel wasn't having that shit. He ran up to the guy and tried stopping him but got punched instead. I knew it was gonna get mad ugly, Daniel punched him out. I had to get up and grab Daniel because the nigga was going beast on the dude.

I pulled him up but he was so mad, he kept going for his gun and I had to stand before him.

"Daniel let's go now! I don't want you to get in trouble, hurting him won't make it better because it happened already. I am sure Tai needs you around and you know that so let us go."

I looked at the guy and he was bleeding pretty bad and I felt like I did it to him. I know he did something to me that nobody should ever have to experience, but it happened already and I guess my heart has forgiven him. I had a rag in my pocket and I gave it to him to hold to his nose.

"Yo nigga let me see some ID cause this shit ain't done" I love that Daniel was being my macho man and all, but right now I wanted to handle this my way and I knew he would not let me so I just stood to the side. He called his partner after arresting the guy and when he got there, he took the dude away.

We were heading back to the hospital and I was quiet the entire time. He tried to charm his way back in but I was not pleased. We were walking up the stairs when he grabbed my hands and laced our fingers together. I was still not saying anything so he pulled us to a stop on the stairs and pushed me up against the wall.

"Baby don't be mad at me, how the hell is a nigga to react when his man points out the dude that hurt him? You know our history and what I did to you and it all came back and I just had to let loose. I'm sorry I lost it, but I was just trying to protect my bae that's all."

I was still silent so he gave up and let me go. We got back to Matai's room,

"So you not gonna talk to me now? Babe come on! Chill out cuz I said I was sorry." He was still holding my hand and I gave it a little squeeze of reassurance. We entered Tai's room to see my brother and Dad sitting in there. He was awake and when he saw me he stretched his little hand out and I took it in mine.

"Hey bunny rabbit, daddy is here" I told him and kissed his forehead. He could not talk as yet and I wanted to cry. He smiled at the sight of Daniel; I pulled my lil protector closer and he kissed Tai on the head repeatedly.

"I love you lil man" he said. We sat there with our son; Daniel leaned over and kissed me on the cheek which made me blush. The doctor came in and said he would be released in the morning. I was staying the night and of course Daniel decided not to leave. Daniel was sitting beside me on the couch that was there. He laid his head on my shoulder as we sat in silence.

"You know I had to do something right? I was mad when you told me and it got worse when that nigga hit me" he said breaking our long silence.

"I know, but Daniel I just wanted to let it go, I know it was wrong for him to do that, but it happened so long ago. I just wanna move on with my life. I have my kid and he makes me happy and alive again." He laid his head in my lap as we held hands and fell asleep.

The next morning I took Matai home; he was doing much better already. He was only cranky when it was time to pee. He was walking around and trying to be careful, he played with his toys and even tried running around. Daniel left to go to the store to get some stuff as well as some meds for him. I was watching TV while he found his favorite place to be, in my arms.

When Daniel got back and entered the apartment Tai was really happy. He got up from my arms running to Daniel. Before he got there he fell. I have never heard him cry that much! Daniel took him up and checked his penis which I guess was ok. They just walked around the apartment with Daniel trying to get him to calm down.

We decided to go for a walk to see if that would help, Daniel was driving, we were headed to the beach again. We got there and I sat with Tai who fell asleep in my lap while I watched Daniel looking out at the beach.

{Daniel}

{Daniel}

We didn't stay long because Tai was sleeping so we drove back to my place. My father was there when we got back and he was pretty cool towards Daniel because I told him that Daniel paid for the surgeries. My father didn't know about me being raped and I was wondering if I should tell him about it.

"Hey baby I am gonna jet for a lil while, I'll be back soon. If you need me or if he needs me then call me ok" Daniel said. I followed him to the door and he kissed me before leaving. I did not question where he was going because we were not officially together as yet.

I spent the rest of the day with my Dad and my kid, just watching TV as we both took care of his every request.