27- The Decision

4 months later

Matthew's P.O.V

Things were back in full swing now; Matai was back in school and doing well, Dad and I have spent some time together and Mark was still the same awesome big brother ever. Daniel and I were ok, things were not like they were a few months ago because we have been busy. He still spends his weekends with Tai and they do their stuff together.

I was at my Dad's place with my brother chilling. Mark can be a jerk at times with his practical jokes; he did them to me more than anyone, because he knows they drive me nuts! I was in the sofa watching TV and he went to the kitchen to get us drinks, he came running in the TV room and sat on me and farted.

"Holy shit! What the fuck did you eat? Mark why would you fart on me? Your such a nasty bitch! I'm telling Dad the moment he gets here"

"Quit calling me a bitch you bitch! That was a good fart bro and you were an awesome sport of a target. Love yah!" He laid on the couch with me at the opposite end. I kicked him after a while and it went straight to his crotch. It was not intentional but it was payback at its best.

"Mark I am sorry! I never meant to kick you there" I tried to apologize but snickering while doing it. He jumped on me and started punching me while I fought back. This is how we were as kids, one minute he was the caring big brother that treated me like a prince, then the next he was a brother from hell. We were both holding on to each other trying to find places of weakness. Both of us had our arms flaring all around as we wrestled on Dad's couch.

"Boys cut that shit out!" We both looked and saw him standing there with Matai who was giggling. He held on to his grandfather's leg and just kept laughing at us for wrestling and then getting scolded. He was such a grandpa's boy, uncle's boy and daddy's boy. As soon as Dad walked off Mark slapped me in the face and I was shocked at the force.

"Why would you do that shit bruh?" I shouted at him for being such a dick!

"Boys stop it cuz it is getting out of hand! Mark, why the hell did you do that?"

"He started it! He used his freakin' lady fins, flapping it around and hit me in the nuts!" Matt explained. I was just sitting there still stunned by the slap, and I was getting really angry at it while he was talking. I reacted before I could even think or control myself, I punched him dead in the face.

"You started it asshole! You farted on me then we were playing around after and now your gonna slap me? Nigga don't do that shit again!" I was standing now and he just charged at me. Matai was crying and Dad came over to break it up before it got too bad.

"Tai baby go to your room ok, I am gonna talk to your daddy and uncle for a little then I will come get you." He nodded and walked off to his room before Dad ripped into us.

"What the fuck is wrong with you two? You aren't kids! Jesus Christ! It's like I am dealing with you two and your spats as teenage boys all over again. Why are you fighting your little brother? And you, why did you punch him like that?" Mark tried to cut in to answer, but Dad glared at him and that did the trick which made me smirk. "Now you got my grandson crying so you know you gotta get him to know it is ok." He got up and went to his room and we both walked over to Matai's room.

"Yo that shit was epic! I love you lil bro and sorry about the slap, should have been harder" he laughed. This man is a child at heart with his practical jokes and wrestling. I hugged him as we went in to comfort the bunny rabbit.
............................................................................................................

Daniel was driving me to my place, but stopped at a mechanic shop for whatever reason. I was sitting off to the side while he was talking to the dude looking at his car.

"Yo Dani sup nigga? Yo last night was fucked up dawg" I held my head up from my phone and it was one of his friends. Daniel was looking at me and looking very uneasy and nervous.

"Nigga your girl is hot, my boy cuffed a bad one with a bangin' booty. Yo we gotta link up again and party cuz my girl said she had fun last night at the club." When I heard that from his friend I just knew this was too good to be true. He was looking over at me as if his life just ended.

"Yeah man it was fun and all but ummm I gotta jet cuz I am in a hurry." He said to his friend then gave him some dap and walked the few steps over to me.

I got up, walked to the car and he followed me. Once we got inside he sighed and looked in my direction, I turned and faced the window just looking out at nothing in particular.

"I can explain" was all he said but I did not want an explanation. I heard enough from his friend to know exactly what was happening.

"When were you gonna tell me about it?" I asked him.

"It is complicated Matthew, it ain't like I am trying to hurt you intentionally! I love her and I love you and I can't help how I feel" he said quietly.

"Daniel I am gonna make the decision for you since you it is too complicated." The drive home was silent and when he pulled in the complex, I got out before he even stopped the car fully.

"Talk to my dad whenever you need to see Matai, do not call me or text me, if there is a problem call my father and he will tell me wassup. I am done with you Daniel!"

I wasn't crying or anything because I was still mad about the fact that he played me once again and I was not gonna forgive that this time.

............................................................................................................

The next couple of weeks I spent chilling with my son and my family. We did stuff together on a regular and I was ok with not having Daniel in my life. He still has his weekend visits but not as regular and I guess I know why.

The weeks turned into months and I was still ok with where my life was at. I made the decision to go back to school and finish. I got registered in hopes of surprising my dad and brother about it.