Chapter 7

Autumns POV
We wait. And we wait. People come and go, with more kids coming and going. It's a slow day. It's about night, and we're in our closet of a room, sleeping on each other.

"When's Mark and Jack gonna be here?" Avrie asked.

"I want daddies!" Shey whined.

"Maybe Jack still at the hospital with Mark." Just then the dude at the front desk called for us to come to the lobby.

"Here they are!" I turn to the others, who have big smiles on there faces. We grab our stuff and walk out to the lobby, and we freeze.

"This lovely couple would like to adopt you girls!" We look at them. A boy, and a girl. Not Mark or Jack at all.

"Actually, we just asked for the brunet." She point at me. My mouth dropped open. The lady smiled and looked at her, what looked to be husband.

"She's so happy she can't even talk!" At that time, perfect, another couple walked in, with a giddy girl, looks to be in her 20's.

"That's the one I saw earlier! Isn't she perfect?" She was looking right at Avrie. This time, Avrie's mouth dropped open. We turn to each other as the couples are signing the papers.

"Shey.. Avrie.." We look at each other.

"Where's daddies?!" Avrie asked.

"I'm right here!" The man said, while signing the papers.

"There not sisters. Just friends." The guy behind the desk said with a smile, we could see that he just wanted us gone.

"Yes we are!" I yelled.

"No your not! You're darker skin." He says, pointing for Shey. "She has all recessive genes," he pointed to Avrie, "while you have all dominant!" He looked at me. "No way your sisters."

We tried to object, but by that time, my new family was yanking me away.

"Come on sweety! We have the perfect place for you to stay!" They were giddy. Way different then me. I'm still too stunned to realize, I was being adopted. Without my friends.

Avrie's POV
I watch Autumn be hurried out by her new parents. What just happened? I look over at Shey who is in tears.

"Avrie don't leave me!" We hug tightly. And when my parents tried to pull me away, I kept hugging Shey.

"Come on baby!" The man says. They finally ripped me from Shey, and rushed me out the door, into there car.

They were rambling on about how amazing my life was gonna become, but I wasn't listening. I was thinking about Autumn and Shey, Jack and Mark, and my old parents.

We finally pull into the driveway, of my new house.

Shey's POV
I ran back into my closet of a room, which is now bigger without the others. But I hated it that way.

I was soon pulled away again, to see Mark and Jack at the front counter. They smiled and I ran to them in tears.

"There there Shey. Just get the others and everything will be better." Jack soothed.

"N-No it w-won't!" I yelled between sobs.

"Why not?" Mark asked.

"Avrie and Autumn were adopted already!" They stepped back at what I said, and froze.

"Ok, let's finish this paper work, then find out how to fix this." Jack said. I nod my head and went to hug Mark.

He ran his fingers though my hair while Jack finished the paper work. We got in Marks car, and we drove off.

Autumns POV
I got home, and they point me to my room. I grab my stuff and run upstairs.

"Ok, let me get settled in, then I'll come downstairs." I tell them. They nod with smiles on there face, and as I close the door, I get a call from Shey.

"Shey were are you?!" I ask.

"Mark and Jacks." She said, with a sad tone. Jacks voice came on.

"Autumn! What happened?!" He asked, panicked.

"This family adopted me before you got to the adoption center! Where were you?!"

"Massive traffic jam. And Mark needed more blood. So we had to stay longer." He tells me.

Then Mark came on. "Autumn. You need to get out of there."

"How?" I turn to hear my parents coming up. "Shey! mo thuismitheoirí atá ag teacht. Labhair Gaeilge." (Shey my parents are coming talk in Irish)

"Ok." She said, as my parents walked in.

"Abair rud éigin! conas a fhaighim amach?" (say something! how do I get out?) I say with a smile, as if I'm just talking with a friend of mine.

But I'm not talking. I'm planning.

"Just a choinneáil tantrums throwing! iad a dhéanamh ag iarraidh a thabhairt duit ar ais go dtí an t-ionad a ghlacadh." (Just Keep throwing tantrums! Make them want to bring you back to the adoption center.)

She said, then laughing like I told a joke. I laughed back, and gasped when I saw my parents there. Like I didn't see them before.

"Hey Hun. Who ya talking to?" Mom asked.

Just my.. uhh.. cad atá ar a dtugtar é? (What's it called?) Oh, friend!" I respond. 

"Oh. Ok sweetie-"

"You can call me Autumn." I cut her off.

"Ok, Autumn. Do you want breakfast?" I looked at a clock, to see that we had slept through the night at the center.

I'll be down in a few minutes." I respond to her.

"Ok Autumn!" She closed my door, and I kept talking in Irish. "Mar sin, a bheith díreach ina kid olc?" (Just be a bad kid?)

"Yup. I gotta call Avrie now. Eat. And be bad." She reminded me.

"Bye Shey. Bye Jack. Bye Mark!" I yell into the phone.

"Buh bye!" Mark said.

"I will see you dude, in the next call!" Jack yelled, making me laugh.

"Bye Autumn." Shey said.

I hung up and searched the house sneakily. I got into moms makeup bag, and found the eye shadow, mascara, and eye liner.

I made my eyes as dark as possible, and my eye brows. I got a bright red lip stick, and slathered it on. I went down stairs with an annoyed look in my eyes.

"Hi Autumn!" Dad said.

"It looks like you found my make up." Mom said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Ya so?" I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table. A plate of eggs, sausage and bacon was set in front of me. It took all my strength, but I yelled "Ew!" I flipped the plate, and grabbed my cup of orange juice and threw the glass on the fridge.

"Autumn!" Mom yelled.

"What?" I said with an attitude.

"Go to your room!"

"No." I got up and walked outside. My dad grabbed my hair.

"Hey!" I turned, punched his nose and kicked his balls. "Don't touch me!" He growled at me, and mom came out.

"Go to your room." I scoffed and walked outside.

"Autumn!" Mom yelled. I turned around, and walked up to her. I punched her in the face, and kicked her gut, making her fall. I went to my room, where I saw a window. It was really high, but I learned how to get up and down. It's harder then home, but it's out.