Chapter 11

After the grand opening, Annika, Jamal and Danya go into the cellar and to the cupboard.
"So, you guys think it's 1890?" Danya asks.
"Pretty sure." Annika says.
"Let's try." Jamal puts in the digits and the cupboard slides open, revealing a hidden room filled with books and old furniture.
"Woah!" They gasp.
"It looks like some kind of secret study." Annika says.
"Let's look around for clues." Jamal suggests.
They look around and they see a portrait of Robert Frobisher Smythe, Sarah's dad and the founder of Hades House.
"This was Sarah's dad!" Annika takes down the portrait and sees six clay amulets behind it.
"What are these?!" Jamal gasps.
"I've seen these before!" Danya says. "They all have Greek god symbols on them! I'll do some more research on them because I know I'm forgetting something important about them!"
Danya rushes out.
"I have to admit, I miss having her in Sibuna."Annika says.
~
The next day after school at Hades House, Danya rushes to Annika and Jamal in the living room.
"I found it out!" She smiles. "The amulets are worn for protection!"
"Against what?" Jamal asks.
"Anything!"
"We have to go back to the room and look around more." Annika suggests.
Mark walks in and gathers everyone.
"Hey, guys." He looks down. "So, I'm moving to Australia."
"WHAT?!" Everyone shouts.
"When do you leave?!" Jamal exclaims.
"Tomorrow." Mark states.
Savanna runs out.
"Savanna!" Mark shouts.
"We'll miss you." Everyone says to him.
~
Later, Annika, Jamal and Danya go back into the secret room in the cellar.
"Look around." Annika instructs.
Everyone looks around.
Annika wanders over to the bookshelf and takes out one of the books and gasps.
"What is it?!" Jamal and Danya run to her.
"Look what's behind the bookshelf!" Annika exclaims.
They all look and see a stone hallway that turns to lead to more hallways.
"What is that?" Jamal asks.
"I think the Mask is hidden in there." Annika says. "The Mask is hidden in those underground tunnels."