Chapter 14

After school, Annika and Jamal go into the tunnels.
"Are you ready?" Annika asks.
"Yes." Jamal sighs.
They walk away from the bookshelf and make a right turn, only to find a dead end.
"What?!" Annika gasps.
"Look!" Jamal points to the dead end. "There's a slot! It's triangle-shaped! Something is supposed to fit in here and maybe that will open up this dead end!"
"Let's look around for clues." Annika suggests.
Annika looks on the bookshelf and sees that the books all have one letter on them.
"E,R,T,O,R,B"
"I have an idea." Annika rearranges the books so they spell "ROBERT" and they start to flow but stop.
"These should spell out "ROBERT FROBISHER" but we're missing the 9 books that should spell out "FROBISHER". Annika says.
"Maybe they're in the Frobisher Library!" Jamal smiles.
"Great idea!" Annika exclaims. "We'll check it out tomorrow."
~
Later, Hunter meets with the private investigator.
"What information did you get?" He asks.
"Well, your mother isn't in prison for starters."
"This isn't about my mother." Hunter cocks an eyebrow. "This is about my father."
"Oops. Where's my money?"
"Um, I'm not giving you money until you get information!"
"Either I get the money, or I get it myself.."
"I DID find something of your mother's that was from your father.."
He gives Hunter a letter.
~
The next day at the Frobisher Library, Annika and Jamal look around and find the books.
"Yes!" Annika gasps. "There's only 8 though.. Where's the ninth book?"
"Let's check the check-out sheet." Jamal looks at it and it says the ninth book was taken by Mrs. Andrews.
~
In Hunter and Tyler's room, Savanna visits Hunter.
"Did you get any information?" She asks.
"Just this letter." Hunter gives her the letter. "It's just about my dad going to prison."
"Hunter, you idiot! There's an address on the letter! We can see which prison he's in and why he's in prison!"
Hunter's mouth drops in shock.