Chapter 28

Victor stumbles around, blinded.
"He must've tried to get into the tunnels!" Annika whispers. "But he got blinded by the light, like Danya!"
They sneak around him and leave the secret room and run upstairs, leaving Victor down in the basement.
~
The next day at school, Elayna, Savanna, Sami and Tommy have their first newspaper club meeting.
"First things first..." Mrs. Andrews says. "Who would like to be the editor in charge?"
Sami and Savanna both raise their hands.
"I see.." Mrs. Andrews says. "There will have to be a competition. Whoever has the better article will be the new editor in charge!"
Sami and Savanna glare at each other.
"Elayna, I'm sorry about the bet..." Tommy begins.
"Don't bother." Elayna says. "Don't talk to me."
~
After school the next day, they all sneak back downstairs to go back into the basement.
Tyler looks around the corner to make sure no ones there and sees Grace.
"I'll handle this." He says.
He runs up to Grace.
"Hi, Tyler!" Grace smiles.
"Hey. Why do you have the address to your dad's prison?! That's Hunter's!"
"I need to see him. I miss him, Tyler. Please... don't tell him. For me."
"Fine." Tyler says. "Just hurry and leave so no one sees you."
"Thank you!" Grace pulls Tyler into a hug and runs away.
The Sibuna Club goes into the basement from the secret passage.
~
In the tunnels, everyone tries to walk across the board and not get slashed by the swinging blades.
Annika, Jamal, Elayna and Tyler make it.
Danya runs across and makes it.
"You did it!" Tyler hugs her.
"Ew!" Danya pushes Tyler away. "Get away from me!"
"Let's see what the next task is." Annika says.
The make a turn but it's a dead end.
"What?!" They all shout.
"We'll come back tomorrow and look around for clues." Annika says.
They all leave.
~
That night, Danya, Elayna and Tyler all have the same dream that they're in the attic.
And the ghost woman appears.
"Is that the woman?!" Tyler backs away.
"Yep!" Danya shakes. "She's going to curse us! We have to try to wake up before she does!"
"Too late. You're all involved. You need to be determined. This curse represents that if you don't find the mask, you die." The ghost marks them all.
~
Elayna wakes up screaming.
Sami and Savanna wake up and run to her bed.
"Are you okay?!" They gasp.
"I'm fine." Elayna says.
Then, Tyler wakes up screaming.
Hunter bolts up. "What's wrong?!"
"Nothing." Tyler lays back down. "It was just a dream."
Then, Danya wakes up screaming.
Annika bolts up and runs to her. "Was it her?! Did she get you?!"
Danya shows her the Mark. "She cursed all of us. Now we all have no choice."