Chapter Fifteen// Break-in!

+++

''A girl likes a little romance with her gore."

--Riley Marra((R.I.P))

+++

Emma, Noah, and I rushed into the Jensen's backyard, running onto the deck. "Are we sure we can do this?" I asked, a bit panicked. I had never broken into someone's house before. Even if it was a friends'. This felt wrong. And I felt as if a cop was going to show up immediately. Someone always had to tip them off about us... "Don't worry." Noah grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the window, where we both looked in. "They used to always keep their key here." Emma said, as she lifted one of the big plants on the porch. "Yeah, we used to leave our back door unlocked." Noah sighed, putting his hands on his hips. "And then a serial killer happened." Emma stepped back from the window, and then sighed. "All right, on to plan B." Emma said. "And... that is?" I asked her, feeling twitchy all over again. "Love me some Plan B. What is it?" Noah asked. I looked at Emma closely. "Arielle, move." Emma told me. "I hope there's no alarm." Emma said, grabbing the seashell that was beside the plants. I made a hum, and moved closer to Noah. Emma pushed the seashell into one of the small squares on the glass door. "Okay." Emma said, once she had made the hole big enough. "Subtle." Noah said sarcastically. Emma reached her hand into the hole in the door, and unlocked the door. Then she opened it, and walked in, Noah following after her. "Hey, Ari, come on." He said, grabbing my arm, and pulling me in. "This is a total break-in." I warned them. "That's okay." Noah assured me. I rolled my eyes, as he led me through the house, all the way to the front door, where there were stairs. Emma raced up them, and me and Noah followed. Once we were upstairs, Emma turned right, and opened the first door, probably knowing it was Audrey's. I'd never been to Audrey's before. "Where does she keep her SD cards?" Emma asked Noah, who closed the door. "What do I look like, her personal assistant?" Noah frowned. "Well, yeah." I shrugged. Noah looked down at me, and glared. "What? You look pretty assistant-ish..." I laughed. "You look like someone who might know where she would keep her SD cards." Emma said. Emma and Noah began looking through everything in Audrey's room. Her drawers, under bed... "Yeah... uh, since I'm not one to pry, I'm gonna keep watch." I skipped over to Audrey's window, and watched, running my fingers through my very knotty hair. I pulled out a few strands on accident, and sighed. I really should brush my hair..."Oh, man, she is so disorganized." Noah sighed. I looked back to them. Emma tried to pull on one of Audrey's drawers, but they seemed to be stuck. "Weird."

She grabbed a weird looking sword thingy on top of the dresser, which Noah noticed. "Hey, wait, hold on! Uh, that's Elvish." Emma gave him a weird look. "Uh, great."

"Whatever that is." I looked at him. "It's--"

"Nobody cares right now, Noah." Emma told him, using the sword to unlock the drawer. When she did, even I was surprised. "Whoa, here they are." Noah rushed towards Emma to look. There were small cards in big ass containers. "Got it." Emma said, as she grabbed one of the cards. I heard a car door close, and I immediately looked back outside. There was an SUV, that looked a bit too police-y to me, outside, and that... women I saw, who got out... the one who was always with the Sheriff... I didn't like her.

"Oh, frak. We got the policia. We gotta get out of here." Noah, said, suddenly behind me. "Like now." I said, agreeing. Noah grabbed my arm, and pulled me towards the bedroom door. "Come on, Em." Emma tried to re-organize them, but then stopped. "Who says she files them neatly?" Emma said, calmly following us. Noah walked out of Audrey's room, but then stopped, making me bump into Emma. "--Her room's upstairs. Check the rest of the house." I heard a female say. "Back!" Noah whispered, closing Audrey's door closed. "Uh... under the bed?" I tried. "No! Window. Now!" Emma said, running to the back window, and pulling it open. "Hurry!" I cried. When she pulled it open completely, she hopped out. "Come on." Noah told me, grabbing my hand. "No, no. You go first." I said, my fear of heights taking over me. "Alright." Noah shifted me, and hopped out after Emma. "Okay, come on." He said. I took a deep breath, and stepped out onto the roof, knowing we didn't have much time. Emma rushed down the roof, and held on to the drain pipe to get down, when she was on the ground, she looked back up at us. "Hurry!"