Chapter Twenty-Four// Not Crazy

+++

"Sick is the new sane!"

--Jill Roberts(Ghostface)

+++

"So, calling me to the stage? Very nice." I complimented Noah. He grinned at me, and I laughed at the fake blood on his chin, reaching forward to touch it. "So worth the wait." He laughed at my attire. "So... what exactly are you?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm Prom Queen!" I shook my head, rolling my eyes, as I'd been asked that question so many times tonight. "Oh!" Noah beamed at me. "You'd make a pretty great Prom Queen." He nodded. I blushed and as soon as Noah noticed his face faltered. "Uh--I, I--I mean, you're perfect--I mean, for the job... of being Prom Queen." Noah stuttered awkwardly. "Uh, thank you." I giggled at him. "So, you gonna be up here all night?" I raised an eyebrow. "Maybe...that depends whether or not you have something better...?"

I hummed, and got closer to him. "I thought you might wanna dance a little bit." I admitted. "Hmm..." Noah put a finger to his chin. "I--where's Audrey?" I asked him. I didn't want to hear the sound of him rejecting me. "Right there." Noah pointed past me at Audrey, who spit her drink back into her glass, thinking that nobody was watching. I grinned at Noah, before rushing to sit down on the stage's edge, jumping down carefully, and towards her. She wore a small hat atop her head, and she wore gothic clothing, looking nothing like a Flapper girl. "Ah, look who it is!" I jumped as I realized that Noah was behind me. "A, uh, proper Steampunk lady with a soupcon of goth." Noah continued to speak with a Romanian accent. "And you're the master of ceremonies?" Audrey asked him. "I was gonna be a vampire, then I was gonna be the Babadook, but then my mom made this cape. I couldn't break her heart." Noah admitted, using his normal voice.

"That's so cute." Audrey smirked. "Yeah, well..." They both looked at me suddenly. "No guessing needed. I'm Prom Queen. The original cliche. The girl who usually flashes her boobs, has sex, and then gets killed at the end of the movie." I shrugged. Audrey and Noah had their eyebrows raised as they looked at me. "You're not dying at the end of this movie." Audrey watched me seriously. "Ooh, don't be too sure. By the end of this movie, I might just kill myself." I said. We were silent for a while, and Audrey looked behind herself. Noah and I followed her gaze to Emma, who wore a black wig and a dark red lipstick, and spoke to a girl I'd never seen before. Emma caught eye of us and waved. "I should tell Emma about Kieran." Audrey said. "No... Mr. Branson's got to be the killer. All the evidence points to him." I argued, getting closer to them so that random passer-byers wouldn't hear me. "I mean, I led the cops to their best evidence." Noah said. "Kieran was leaving a bar with Nina. Then Nina got dead." Audrey enunciated clearly. "And Kieran saw Rachel filming him!"

"Audrey, we cannot jump to conclusions like this. Yes, Kieran's a little weird, but--"

"But he saved my life." Noah finished for me. "What, when?" I asked, knowing I'd missed something. "Oh, it was before you got here, uh, Jake pulled a prank on me--"

"No time for the play-by-play!" Audrey nearly shouted at us. "Anyways, Audrey, he's a nice guy." Noah turned back to her. "A stranger who's parents died mysteriously, and who was at a bar with the first victim, AND who seduced our young ingenue, the killer's obsessed with. You mean that kind of nice?" Audrey explained. Noah's gaze fell from Audrey and to something--someone behind her. I followed his gaze to see Kieran walking in the door, his outfit and hair hit me immediately. "OH, MY GOD! I--I love that movie... Oh! It's on the tip of my tongue!" I cried. "Pulp Fiction, starring Uma Thurman and John Travolta." Noah told me. I pointed at him. "YES! That's the one!" Audrey rolled her eyes at us. "Gotta warn Emma."

Noah had a grin on his face as he turned around and hoisted himself onto the stage. "What? Noah!" Audrey raised her arms up, with a "what the hell?" look on her face. "What?" Noah chuckled. "He's not gonna kill her during the dance sequence."