Chapter Twenty-Three// Date?

+++

"It's your turn to Scream, asshole!"

--Sidney Prescott ((Original BADASS))

+++

"Never thought the life and times of a sexually-confused Catholic girl could be so dry." Noah sighed, clicking the next video. I groaned, and laid back into the couch, resting my legs on Noah's lap. "You wanna feel the sting of this sexually-confused atheist's foot up your butt?" Audrey moved her leg, lowering it to Noah's ass. "Hey, hey! I made you microwave popcorn, okay?" Noah laughed. "Uh-huh." Audrey chuckled. I rolled my eyes at my friends. "Where is that?" I asked, gesturing to the screens on the wall, showing Rachel's camera going over random faces, who sat at the bar. "It's a bar on Eighth Street. Rachel loved sneaking in there with her hidden camera. She got so much free drama. Fights, flirts, old men swappin stories from the bottom of a bottle." Audrey paused, and Noah looked over at me. My face fell, as we both looked back over at Audrey. "I know how much you miss her." I sympathized. "Yeah, well..." Audrey sighed, and sat up. "Rachel might be gone, but I'm going to make sure she is never forgotten." Noah looked down at his watch, "crap, I gotta set up."

"Yeah, I'd better change." Audrey said, clicking PAUSE on the video. "I'm gonna call my sister to come pick me up." I sat up and stood from the couch, stretching. "I'll see you guys there?" I asked, getting my phone out. "Yeah." Noah said. "Arielle, wait." Audrey said suddenly. "What?" I looked back to the screen, and paused, sitting back down. "Is that Nina?" Noah asked. "Yeah." I whispered. On the screen was Nina sitting at the bar, giggling and flirting with a mystery man. That's when she hopped off the stool and the man turned around, guiding her. "And that's Kieran."

"What the hell?"

---

Kieran knew Nina. Nina knew Kieran. I kept thinking about it. Over and over again. What if... Kieran-- No, I can't think like that. Kieran could be totally innocent, and the video is just making him look guilty. "Arielle?" I heard my mom walk into my room, saying my name with caution. "What?" I sighed. I sat on the end of my bed, sliding my black, lace heels on. Once they were on, I stood up. "You look beautiful." She smiled at me. "What exactly are you?" My mother cracked a smile. "I'm a cliché." I couldn't help but smile, as I caught eye of myself in the mirror.

My mother walked over to my dresser. "What kind of cliché?"

"Prom Queen." I smiled. "Ah, yes. I see it now." She laughed, grabbing my crown that I had bought just this afternoon. She walked over to me, and raised an eyebrow, as if asking permission. I nodded, and bowed my head. She slid the crown onto my head, and I raised my head again. "You always were such a little princess." She scoffed. I nodded a little bit, laughing a little.

She stopped laughing, and her face turned serious. She touched my cheek. "Ugh, I can't believe I'm letting you go to this thing."

I groaned and grabbed her hand, bringing it from my face, and just holding it. "Mom, if Katherine gets to go, I get to go."

"Katherine's eighteen, you're my little baby. It's different." My mom pursed her lips. "I'm not a baby anymore, Mom. I'll be perfectly fine. I promise you." I smiled slightly. "So... you got some kind of date to this thing?" I laughed loudly, "I'm going with Audrey and Noah."

"Noah... you've been hanging out with him a lot." My mother wiggled her eyebrows, as if hinting at something. "Woah, no. Noah's just a friend." I told her, feeling as if I were trying to convince myself. My mother squinted at me and smiled.

"Mom!" Katherine ran into my room quickly. I snickered as soon as she did. "What are you?" My mom moved to stand beside me, releasing my hand, putting a finger to her chin once she saw what her sister was wearing.

Obsessive ~ Noah Foster [1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें