Chapter Twenty-Seven// Back Patio

+++

"Stop being stupid, Emma."

--Audrey Jensen(BAE AF)

+++

Emma opened the front door to Brooke's house, and the loud pop music rang in my ears. Noah shut the door behind us. "Brooke? Jake?" Emma called, holding the crowbar close. She walked slowly into the living room, Kieran following close behind. "Audrey!" I yelled, as Noah and I followed our friends. "Bubblegum pop has never sounded so terrifying." Noah whimpered. "Come on, this place is huge. Noah, take the back porch." Kieran ordered. "Scream if you see anything."

"That won't be hard," Noah said, his fists at his sides and his eyes wide with fear. I could've laughed, but I'm a good friend. "Here, take this." Emma handed him the crowbar. "Okay," Noah whispered. "But in observation of this loaded moment," he said in a louder voice. "I am not in favor of splitting up, nor am I three days from retiring." Noah sighed, putting the crowbar in front of him. "I will not be right back." He said though he sounded as if he were assuring himself. "Arielle, go with him." Kieran looked at me. I nodded, walking towards Emma, who was at the counter, pulling out one of the butcher knives. I looked at her and she shrugged, so I reached and grabbed another one. She nodded at me before she and Kieran took the kitchen door out. I went back to Noah, just as he was walking out into the mud room. I followed after him. "Noah!" I whispered. He jumped and turned around. He looked relieved once he noticed it was just me. "Calm down." I rolled my eyes, closing the door to the mud room. Noah turned back around and opened the white doors that led to the patio. "Oh, Jesus," I whispered. There were red plastic cups everywhere, around the firepit, around the pool, everywhere. The fire, itself, was still going strong. A cup clattered, and it made me jump, but then I realized it was just Noah tripping over a cup. "Oh, no," Noah said. I looked at him in confusion and then followed his gaze to Audrey's bag that lay on the concrete, next to her camera. "Audrey," I whispered. "What do we do? Where is she? Is she--"

"No, she's not. She can't be." Noah interrupted. "Noah, I'm worried. Audrey wouldn't just leave her bag and her camera. I mean, especially her camera." I touched the tip of the knife absentmindedly. "Audrey!" Noah shouted. He nodded towards the side of the house, gesturing to follow him. He began walking, holding the crowbar tight in his hands. I followed behind him, my back to his so that I could keep watch behind us. "Oh, man..." Noah breathed, stopping. I turned around completely. "What?" That's when I saw it in front of us, not even 3 feet away. Dark red blood pouring out of the doorway that was there.

"Maybe someone just spilled their wine." Noah shrugged, not sounding so sure. Noah began walking again, this time super slow. "Their thick, viscous red wine," Noah said. I looked at him and frowned. Once Noah stopped in the doorway, I cupped my mouth to keep from screaming. A boy... a boy that I'm pretty sure was in my History class lay there. Dead. His throat was slit and the blood practically poured out. "Noah, I don't think--" I was cut off when something--somebody jumped out at us. Literally. "AHHH!" Noah and I screamed in unison, my knife raised, Noah's crowbar still clenched in his hands.

Audrey stood there, her eyes wide with fear

Audrey stood there, her eyes wide with fear. I noticed her arm and her head immediately. It was cut on her arm. Deep. And on her head, it looked as if someone smashed her with a brick. I stopped screaming and lowered my knife, but I covered Noah's mouth with my hand. "It's just Audrey." I huffed. "Oh, my God!" Noah pulled my hand off of his mouth. I grabbed Audrey and wrapped her in a hug. "Are you okay? What happened?" I asked. "Come on." I pulled her by her good arm towards Brooke's patio. Noah followed behind us. I sat Audrey down on the red sofa on the patio. "Noah, Arielle!" Emma and Kieran rushed towards us. "We're fine." Noah and I said in unison. "Yeah, I'm fine, too." Audrey sighed, pulling her jacket off. "Oh, my God." Emma rushed to sit next to her. Audrey winced as she pulled the jacket all the way off. "What happened?" Kieran asked. "I almost brained her is what happened." Noah huffed. "The killer was here," Audrey answered. "He killed Grayson and then he came after me." Emma sat down next to the bloody Audrey.

"How are you even alive?" Noah said in amazement. "I have no idea," Audrey replied. "I saw the mask and then everything went black."

I jumped as I heard Jake's voice. "You and Brooke are lucky to be alive." He carried Brooke in, who looked exhausted. "Leaving survivors is not exactly this guy's M.O.," Jake said. "I don't know. You survived. Twice." Noah raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah, being a hero." Jake scoffed. He plopped Brooke down on the red chair. "Can someone please call a doctor so I survive?" Brooke huffed. "What happened?" I shook my head. "I got locked in a damn freezer," Brooke explained. I nodded as if it were normal. "Cell phones are still out," Noah said. "There's a landline in the kitchen," Brooke said. "A landline? What is this 1996?" Jake scoffed, sitting down next to Brooke, allowing her to lay against him.

Emma stood up suddenly, "okay, you guys keep watch. I'm gonna call my mom and try to get help." Emma told, walking away. "I'm gonna get a first aid kit," Kieran said. He took his gun out and handed it towards me, butt out. "You know how to use that, right?" I grabbed it nervously, putting the knife I had down. Kieran didn't wait for a reply, as he walked away, following Emma. "Totally," I whispered. "Did you actually get locked in a freezer?" I asked. "Uh, yeah. This bastard is crazy. He left me for dead." I took a deep breath and walked away from my friends towards the side of the house, looking around. I walked right back to them, a thought popping into my head. "You know... the killer doesn't necessarily have to be a man... Basic Instinct." I told them. "She's right. a women could kill just as well as a man could." Jake sided with me. I nodded. "Well, I didn't see boobs on him." Brooke sighed. I bit the inside of my cheek, and walked back to the side of the house, feeling that feeling again. That bad, bad feeling. I looked up and saw Emma. Emma in the window. She was in the kitchen on the phone. And it didn't look as if she was talking to her mother. She looked angry and frightened. Suddenly, she dropped the phone angrily and rushed out. I squinted slightly, walking back towards my friends. "Here, take this," I told Noah, handing him the gun. "Uh--I--"

"I'll take it." Audrey gently pried it out of his hands, placing it beside her. I nodded and leaned down to grab the knife I had. "I have to pee." I lied. They all looked at me. "Then go." Brooke snorted. I sighed and rushed inside of Brooke's house. I heard feet padding against the tile. I raced towards Brooke's living room, just in time to see Emma rushing out of the front door. I shook with fear. "Oh, I am so gonna regret this." I whimpered, before running after her.

A/N, I AM SO SORRY IT'S SHORT, BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING, 'CAUSE I JUST GOT BACK!!! I WANNA THANK YA'LL FOR THE READS, BECAUSE I JUST REACHED 1K, AND I'M KIND OF EXCITED!