Chapter Eighteen// Scream Queen

+++

"You broke my heart. And the worst part is you didn't even know you were doing it."

--Audrey Jensen

+++

I woke up feeling cold. My head ached, and my stomach felt queasy. And worst of all, my leg hurt. I opened my eyes and looked around. It was dark where I was, but there was one light. A stove light above a work station. I swallowed loudly, my mouth feeling so dry. My leg stung, so I went to lift my dress, when I realized my right wrist was handcuffed to a gray radiator beside me. "Oh, fuck!" I squirmed, only making it hurt more. I reached my left arm over to lift my skirt up. I gasped at the sight of my thigh. My sutures had come loose again, but I had a feeling it wasn't an accident. The blood was too much for me. I felt so sick. It looked-- felt as if someone had re-stabbed me, which they probably did... I used my left hand to jiggle the cuff on my right one.

Where does one get fucking handcuffs? I lifted my head, and I looked around the weird room.

There were work tools, and they hung on the dirty shelves

There were work tools, and they hung on the dirty shelves. It smelled of skunk, and I could've sworn there was a dead rat not three feet from me. The next thing I saw, what I should've seen before, was a body. A body that hung in the middle of the room, by their hands. I recognized the person right away. "Will!" I hissed, trying not to be too loud. "Will!" Tears stung my eyes as I saw that he wasn't exactly moving. If only I could get over there. "WILL!" I said a little louder. He let out a small moan, and I sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God!"

"Will, are you okay?!" He didn't answer me right away, but he was close. He opened his mouth and eyes. "Arielle?" He whispered. "Yes, yes, it's me," I told him. "What's going on? Do you know who--"

"I didn't see a face." He rasped. "He... he had the Brandon James mask on." My heart jumped. "Oh, no." The tears slid down my cheek, and I didn't try to hide them. Will looked nearly dead, he had blood all over his shirt. "What happened to your leg?" He asked suddenly. "What happened to your stomach?" I asked. "I think we both know what happened." He replied, breathing deeply. "Someone attacked me and Piper." He added. "What? Where?" I whispered. "We were meeting Brooke's dad...Well, I was. And when he left, a guy with a Brandon James mask attacked us. I think Piper hit her head, but he slashed me. Deep. And he left Piper there. She could be dead, for all I know." I listened to the story, as I let tears fall. "Piper's gonna be alright," I assured him. "What happened to you?" He nodded his head, wincing as he moved. "Total cliche. I got a text from..." I stopped myself short. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"I thought I got a text from Noah, but I know now, that it wasn't him... How stupid. I knew that was out of character for Noah. He would not leave his car unlocked. And he would not make me go get them." I realized. "He sent a text to me from Emma's phone once." Will coughed, and I wished I could go and help him. I banged my head against the wall. "There's gotta be a way." I cried.