Chapter Twenty-Six// Blood.

+++

"I really don't wanna die for doing the right thing..."

--Will Belmont(RIP)

+++

We arrived at the scene quickly, followed by a bunch of police officers. Noah told me to go with Emma, as he was going to the comic-book store to try to figure what was going on with the disconnection. "Mom! Over here!" Emma cried. I rushed towards them, my heart dropping. Sheriff Hudson was tied to the tree, barely able to stand. I rushed towards them. "Clark, it's Maggie." Ms. Duval grabbed the sheriff's cheeks, trying to get him to look at her. police officers rushed towards where we were. "Untie him!" Ms. Duval shouted at them. The officers complied immediately."Can you hear me, Clark?" She said a little louder to the sheriff. Beside me, Emma grabbed my hand, clearly frightened. "It's okay...We got you." The sheriff's eyes were closed, but I faintly heard him whisper, "Maggie."

"It's okay. Okay?!" Maggie assured him. "Sorry I missed the dance." He said groggily. "Don't you worry." Maggie chuckled, sniffling. "You're gonna be taking me to a lot of dances. Shh." Maggie looked at the cops beside her, who were still trying to cut the thick ropes that held Sheriff Hudson up. "Give me those." The officer handed the scissors to her immediately. She easily cut one of the ropes that held the sheriff. I got that feeling again. Something wasn't right. Suddenly Sheriff Hudson's stomach fell out. Literally fell out. I'm not joking. His intestines, blood was everywhere. I could hear the sound of it squelching, as Maggie tried to push it back in. "OH, MY GOD! NO, NO, NO!" Maggie cried.

I released Emma's hand, and instantly slapped my hand over my mouth

"No, no

"No, no." I whispered against my hand.

I watched Emma and her mother as they sat. I crossed my arms watching them. Poor Maggie. Poor Sheriff Hudson.

Poor Kieran.

Now... he didn't have a family. I nearly teared up just thinking about it. "Hey." I jumped. Piper was suddenly beside me. "Oh, hey, Piper. I don't think I can actually... uh, talk right now." I whispered. "No, I don't want you to." She put a hand on my shoulder. "I mean, after what you guys just saw." Piper trailed off. I looked up at her with my tear-stained eyes. "Arielle." Emma came towards us. "My mom wants us to go back to the police station." She whispered. "A deputy is gonna take us." Emma informed. "Emma, anything you need, I wanna help." Piper tried. Emma sighed and looked at me and then Piper. "I can't reach Brooke. A deputy went to her party, but I haven't heard anything."