The Contract

You sat patiently waiting for your client in the back of some bar in Balbadd, the smell of alcohol lingering in the air as countless drinks were severed to customers. A hooded figure then approached slowly and dropped a folded note on your table before exiting the pub. You picked up and unfolded the parchment.

We'll discuss further details of your job in the back. I was told I could find you accepting jobs here, I have one you might enjoy.
-Future Client

'I know where this is going.' You got requests like these all the time. Quick, clean murders of people they wanted gone. Whether it was personal or business didn't matter to you as long as it paid well. Among mercenaries in Balbadd, you were among the top. Your weapon of choice? A long serrated blade with a golden handle decorated with gems.

You then stood up and followed the ominous figure's trail to the back. If this person was here for the bounty on your head, you would settle it quick and permanently.

You then opened the back door and stepped outside.

"What's the job?" You asked as you leaned against the wall, brushing you (H/C) hair aside. It was a dimly lit alley and the smell was bad.

"Infiltration... In Sindria." Responded a deep male voice.

"Is that all?" You questioned turning your head to him.

"Well, I need you to kill the King's adviser Ja'far... I'll pay for the boat ride there and give you extra money and clothing to help you manage." The man stepped closer to you. "This op will most likely last awhile so don't be surprised if it takes over three months. I also want you to check in periodically with my contact and tell him anything interesting you find." He then reached his hand out to you.

"This is a long journey, I'm sure you're aware of my fee.." You responded while shaking his hand to confirm the contract. "But as you wish. I wont disappoint."

"Indeed, it would ruin your precious reputation..." He retorted, breaking the hand shake. "Since you might be hearing of me often i'll tell you who I am... I'm Prince Koumei of the Kou Empire."

"P-Prince." You immediately bowed to him. 'Kou Empire... Aren't they in control of Balbadd right now?'

"There's no need for that (Y/N), I know all about you, so you can skip the formality... Which is why I chose you. I believe that you are the most capable in completing this task. You have no remaining family members so you have nothing to worry about when you head out for a mission. I trust you will be able to avenge the death of someone I held dearly long ago." Koumei stated as you stood up to properly face him.

"Alright, when do I leave?" You asked in a more serious tone.

"Tomorrow." The prince stated. "Head to the docks with the things you want to bring. Judal will be waiting for you. As you attend to your mission I would like you to report anything interesting you find to him each week."

You nodded in response before walking off back to your modest home in Balbadd. When you opened the door you went over to your room and laid down on your bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"The King's adviser huh?" You yawned. "What a big fish..." You then closed your eyes and drifted to sleep.

When you woke up in the morning you changed into your clothes and ate a light breakfast. Once finished, you headed out to the docks where you recognized Koumei's figure standing next to a slim muscular man with raven black hair tied back in bobs.

"So you're (Y/N)..." The raven-haired man examined you, passing his eyes over your body. "You're pretty cute for a mercenary, you're not missing any teeth." He sneered.