A Drink

"Well now that that's settled... I'll come check on you later." Judal then disappear from right in front of you.

"So now I have to romance him?" You whined to yourself as you placed the gold among your things. 'But with the money i'll make from this i'll never have to work again in a long time.'

"(Y/N)." You heard from behind the door.

"Um... Come in?" You answered uncertainly. 'That's what you say right?'

"Were you talking to someone?" Ja'far questioned while raising a brow. 'I knew it! He caught it after all-' You stopped your anxiety.

"Just muttering to myself- I haven't even had breakfast yet." You answered while rubbing the back of your head.

"Why didn't you say anything?" He paused to give you a scowl. "It's past lunch time already, come with me to the-"

"I don't want palace food, I want something local." You retorted stubbornly as you hid knives in your clothing. "Listen honey, you're more than welcome to stalk me while a run around."

"That's not my name... And i'm chaperoning." The male responded in a clearly un-amused tone.

"Call it what you like." You threw your sword around you before brushing past him. "I'm heading out."

"Wait-"

You closed the door behind you and made your way to the main gate. 'I would actually like to look around... i'll eat when I get hungry.'

You then strolled down to the city looking around in the countless places and shops that Sindria had to offer, stopping to grab a snack when one or two came up.

You noticed a couple hours had gone by and it was getting dark, most people were inside by now and some shops closed for the night. Although something didn't feel right, it felt almost as if you were being watched. You knew it couldn't be Ja'far and his 'chaperoning', this felt different. You recognize the feeling it had, one you shared... Blood-lust.

Someone was after you.

'I'm feeling eyes on my back...'  You abruptly went into a near-by bar and took your seat in front of the bartender who looked up a bit surprised to see you. 'I might just be paranoid... Wait, me? Paranoid? Get it together (Y/N).'

"What's a girl like you doing around these parts?" The male greeted while setting the glass down. He was actually pretty far from the stereotypical old man bartender, the man was young and attractive. 'He probably sells a lot of drinks for this place.'

"Just trying to earn a living." You responded while shrugging your shoulders.

"Oh? Well I can pay you a good amount if you-"

"Not that kind of work blockhead." You frowned at his impulsive desires. "My name is (Y/N)... Recognize it?"

"(Y-Y/N)?!" He stammered while rubbing his hands together nervously. "To what do I owe the p-pleasure of seeing your gorgeous face here?"

"Don't worry I'm not here for your head... At least not currently." You replied while resting your chin in the palm of your hand. "Just for a drink."

"Sure, sure... A-As much as you like, on the house." The bartender said shakily.

"Alright, I'll have some bourbon, neat..." You ordered simply.