Maybe

"What is it?" You turned to face him. He looked eager and clam at the same time.

<Ja'far POV>

The words couldn't come out of his mouth. He had been wanting to tell her for sometime, but for some reason, he just couldn't.

'It's too soon.' He thought. Trying to come up with an excuse for himself. 'She'll probably think I'm a creep anyway.'

"Uh..." He paused before sighing. "I just wanted to remind you that we'll be working with any leads on Zero when you're rested."

'I'm such a coward.'

"Sounds good." She replied while giving him a warm smile.

Ja'far blushed.

<Your POV>

'What was that hesitation? I bet he knows something I don't about Zero... I'll find out one way or another.'

You looked over the city again and pointed to a location. 

'But for now...'

"That's where we were last night, and if I recall correctly, we were assaulted by a small group." You then closed one eye drew a circle in the air around that region. "If they still use the same system from when I was there, that means they were on patrol."

You paused in retrospect.

"And if they were able to find us that quickly then their base must be around here. My guess, we were within their 'Patrol Area' so it was easy to get to us when Kartos heard it was me. And the 'Patrol Area' was never far from camp."

"Speaking of Kartos..." Ja'far said with an underlying tone of hatred. "You're aware he was in possession of a dark djinn. We need to find his source and shut it down. If Sin finds out that there is an underground trading system within his whole kingdom, he'll definitely get mad." The silver-haired male added while sighing.

"Right. With your festival coming up, they may use all the commotion to smuggle things around." You responded while rubbing your chin in thought.

"Good point. But it wouldn't be wise to charge into their base... I'll draw a circle around the same location you picked out so we can look at it on further detail." The male then whipped out a notepad and wrote his notes down.

"That would be helpful, and I think... We should attack another patrol for more information about the current leader." You plotted further.

"Are you sure about that?" He questioned while raising a brow. "We need to take precautions-"

"You should have more faith in me." You raised your head a little while walking away. "If we do it correctly, it shouldn't be a problem." You then waved your hand dismissively and jumped back down into the open hall.

Looking up, you were startled by a presence in front of you.

"Oh, you must be (Y/N)."

'When did he-'

"I'm prince Hakuryuu of the Kou empire." His clothing screamed imperial. "(Y/N), King Sinbad told me to seek you out along with some others. He said you might have something to teach me." The prince put his palm and fist together while bowing. "It would be an honor receive any wisdom from you."

"Yeah, if I had some." You replied a bit sharply while standing and crossing your arms together. "I'm busy right now anyway."

"Be patient (Y/N)." Ja'far suddenly appeared on scene and stood next to you.

You looked at Ja'far annoyingly before meeting the prince's gaze again. Being defensive was your only way to be sure of weather he would be asset to your undercover assignment, and from the looks of it, he wasn't.

'But.. If he's from the Kou empire...

Then he might know why I'm here.

I'll need to stay away and be careful around him.'

<Ja'far POV>

'Where is this attitude coming from?' Ja'far wondered mentally. 'Does she know him from somewhere? No, that can't be.'

"Look kid, me and this adviser have work to do so I'm sorry try again next time." (Y/N) quickly grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him further down the hall.

"H-Hey you can't just leave him-"

"Watch me." Her words were cold and sharp.

'Why, just a minute ago she was fine.'

Once putting enough distance between them she stopped and let him go.

"I guess you could say I'm 'rested' so we should go scout for a group to ambush now..." (Y/N) sighed out while brushing her (H/C) hair back behind one ear.

'Maybe I should say something to lighten the mood? But I don't have Sin's charisma...'

"Okay Ja'far?"

'I could tell her that this will be easy... Or even... That I have feelings for her.'

"Ja'far."

'Uh! Why is this so difficult?! I've never been this panicked before!'

"Ja-f-ar are you-"

"U-Um!" The male zoned back in to an impatient (Y/N).

"Geez are you alright?" The female's (E/C) eyes showed worry.

'No I'm not!' He could feel his pale face start to redden.

"S-Sorry, I wasn't feeling good for a second." He cleared his throat. "We can go."