Reunions Redux

<Your POV>

'Did he suddenly catch a fever or something?'

You couldn't help but mentally laugh at the silver-haired male's state.

"Well anyway... I don't really have a plan and I wanna get this done so..." You stopped yourself to think. "Let's just head out like this and look around past dark."

'We might run into Sun Guan... Or that other assassin.'

"Alight then." Ja'far then turned to walk away. You watched his steady pace before thinking,

'... Ja'far might turn out to be extra baggage.'

"Wait." You grabbed his shoulder lightly. "There's something I haven't told you..."

The male turned around blushing.

"W-What is it?" He asked eagerly.

Your face was really close to his. 'If anyone else kills him I won't get the money.'

"I feel like I should scout alone until sunset." You stated.

"What? I-"

"If any Sub Zero members see you with or tailing me, they might stand down." You replied while moving back. "I'll scout out while you look for any trace of secret transit roads for goods."

"But..." He paused to break eye contact. "I-If something goes wrong... How will I know where to find you?"

"You'll know." You smiled gently and patted his back. "I'll cya soon." Ja'far nodded as you took off down the hall.

'The first thing I'll do is go back to the alley...'

You quickly exited the palace and made your way down the large steps to the city.

It was past noon, the market and people didn't seem to rest. Each person having their own role in society. 'This really is a nice place to live.' You thought while enjoyed the busy yet relaxed atmosphere of Sindra.

Suddenly you were forcefully shoved to the side.

"Hey!-"

"Sorry." A tall male with jet-black hair replied without looking back, his large dark cloak being dragged at his feet.

Something about him made you uncomfortable, but there was a sense of familiarity with him.

'It couldn't be.'

You watched him walk down the busy street.

'Wait, I know them.'

You frantically checked your pockets to see if he had pocketed you when you were shoved. 'No, it's all here.'

You looked back again and couldn't find him amongst the crowd. 'Maybe I'm just being paranoid...' You then continued down the street to the dark alley.

Peering around the corner you saw the bodies and blood stains were gone. 'Interesting.'

Stepping into the darkness you felt the ominous wave take over you. A cool breeze slipped through the narrow passageway as you walked in further. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. 'I should just kill Ja'far and be done with this.'