A New Country

Sindria was a large and glorious city, the people loved their King, and the King loved them. As you followed the crew down to the hotel you noticed how lively the city was.

'I wonder if they will notice if someone goes missing...'  You thought as you watched a group of kids laughing and running around.

With the new clothing the Koumei had given you, you looked somewhat royal so people would move aside politely. Making passage through the crowded city easier.

Your final decision of entrance would be to kill an incoming maid and take her place. But how to ask someone for the information without sounding suspicious? Being in deep thought you didn't notice that you had shoved a blonde boy out of the way.

"H-Hey!" He retorted hesitantly, holding on to your shoulder. You turned to face him and gave him an cold stare and with that, he let go of you. "Oh uh..."

The girl with short pink hair next to him stared you down but once you made eye contact with her she abruptly looked away. 'Pink hair and eyes... Maybe she's-'

"Oi Miss!" You heard a voice behind you. 'Now what?'

"Miss..." There was a tug on your dress.

"What do you want little boy?" You asked passively while turning around to look down at him. You noticed a faint blush on his cheeks as he stared up at your chest. 'Seriously...'

"I'm Aladdin." He said reaching his hand out to you.

"..." You stared at him for a moment. "I'm (Y/N), I am- Was a mercenary of a Balbadd." You responded bluntly ignoring the small boy's gesture.

"Balbadd?" The blonde looked at you in surprise. "How is it over there?"

"With King Ahbmad and the Fog Troupe gone... it's quiet." You answered letting out a yawn.

"You said you were a mercenary... Did you not?" The pink-eyed girl tensed up. 'Could she be a fanalis?' 

"With the Kou Empire present it's not so easy to make a living killing there anymore... So my mercenary days are over..." You lied shifting your gaze to her.

"What kind of people were you told to kill?" The blonde clenched his fists.

"Mostly Fog Troupe member's... After all, a lot of my jobs came from King Ahbmad." There was a silence that followed as you stared awkwardly at them.

"Don't tell me... You were the one behind those sudden deaths among the Fog Troupe..." The blonde then whispered loudly as his expression grew furious.

"Did they mean anything to you?" You smirked while raising a brow.

"Of course they did... I'm..." He paused. "Alibaba Saluja."

"Oh." You commented unfazed. "So you're that crybaby I heard about, no wonder the fog troupe was weak ..."

"You don't have the right to talk about them." Alibaba growled as he pulled out a dagger. The crowd quickly cleared the area when they noticed his rage.

"Alibaba! Stop this, she's unarmed!" Aladdin advised reaching out for him.

"Oh I don't think she is." He snapped back as he gave you a warning swing with his dagger.

"I guess I'll play..." You sighed while drawing your hidden sword from the ruffles of your dress. "If you want a fight, I'll give you one..."

Alibaba narrowed his eyes and put one arm behind his back leaving the other holding his dagger in front of him. The air felt dry as you stood in front of each other quietly.

You both then suddenly exploded off the ground in a cloud of dust striking at one another.

Your swords clashed together sending sparks out as you both held your ground. 'For a medium dagger its got power... However.'  You then pressed harder and Alibaba's blade began to slowly slide down the serrated/ curved edge of your sword, he then jumped back swiftly dodging your swing. You stepped back giving him a bit more space before you started concentrating on the black rukh.

"Now's a good time to test it out..." You said briskly as you infused your sword with the black rukh, making it glow a dark purple. Suddenly there was a flash of fire and your sword flew out of your hand. 'What..?'

"I don't know what you wanted to do but I wont allow it." Alibaba stated as he caught your sword mid-air by the handle.

"Tch." You immediately lunged at him bare-handed. 'I have other knives on me, but I won't need them.'

"W-Whoa! It's over!" Alibaba stated as he hesitantly swung his dagger at you. You quickly dodged under it and then punched him in the stomach, stunning him for a moment. You used this second to take back your sword as well as swing your leg around to kick his dagger out of his hand.

"I'll decide when it's over..." You hissed while pressing your sword on his neck.

"Ok, Ok..." He said relaxing beneath the tip of your blade with his hands in the air.

"I hope you realize that being a mercenary was the only way I could make living and stay out of the slums..." You whispered in his ear. Alibaba's eyes flashed at your sudden remark as if he had remembered something depressing.

"The slums huh?" He said as you re-hid your blade and handed him his. "(Y/N)... I didn't know that-"

"What's going on here?"

You turned around slowly.

You froze, there - right behind you, stood a man in a green hood with white hair. His nose inches away from yours.

"U-Uh Ja'far..." Alibaba stuttered while sweating nervously. The man had you both against the wall in seconds, glaring at you with piercing eyes. 'This is Ja'far..? I didn't even notice he was behind me.' You thought to yourself as you glared back at him. 'But I've delt with assassins before... I can handle it.'

"Who's this?" Ja'far then stepped back while motioning his hand to you.

"This is (Y/N) from Balbadd." Aladdin stated as he stepped in front of you.

"(Y/N)..." Ja'far paused and examined you. "When I came over here I saw a dark glow around you sword... Could it be that you are a Djinn user?" He questioned you as you met his intent gaze.

"That's not it... -Anyway, i'll be going." You then threw you arms behind your back leisurely before strolling off.

You nearly tripped by the force of someone pulling who back by the shoulder.

"I can't exactly let you go (Y/N)... You just fought a guest of Sinbad, not to mention that he is a Prince and I want you to answer my question properly." Ja'far barked as you stood there in a daze.

"Huh?!" You then said when realized you were at the palace steps with Ja'far still hanging on to your shoulder. Aladdin silently giggled at your remark. 'Why did I allow this to- Wait... I'm at the palace.'

"Ja'far, can (Y/N) stay with us for the night?" Aladdin asked while eyeing you with red present on his cheeks.

"Absolutely not." Ja'far responded sternly looking back at him. "I'm taking (Y/N) to see Sinbad..."

'Well well, I'm at the palace my first day...' You said to yourself triumphantly as all five of you entered. Aladdin, Alibaba, and the pink-haired girl broke off to another corridor as Ja'far continued leading you down the hall. He then stopped in front of a giant door lined in gold and slowly opened it, dragging you in.

"Hey Ja'far I was just-" The man with white hair and tan skin then paused. "Is this... your girl?" He commented in a surprised tone while pointing at you.